Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
where do I purchase these????

I have 2 large cabinets next to the fridge.I want to split the difference and put in a shelf.The cabinet is 13 inches wide.Want to put this shelf half way between the bottom and the top,to give me a little more storage space.Not sure if I want wood or maybe some wire shelfing.I`am just wondering if "Homedepot" would have any shelfing that measurement.Thanks for your help.

John

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #2
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Our lazy Susan is a two-tier and on the second shelf above the kitchen sink. I won't be able to reach the second shelf without my new step stool (that I purchased for the purpose of reaching those top shelves). We will be staying at a seasonal site so things falling off of it won't be as big of an issue for us but I was wondering if any of you have that have kept yours have tried cutting/using the nonslip shelf stuff on your Lazy Susan and if you did if that helped.

I am not sure at this point if I am going to want to keep mine with space so limited, but I will see once we start staying in the Cougar for the summer. I had thought I could use it for canned goods but if I don't like it or feel I can utilize the space better (using wire shelving perhaps) we will take it out and store it at home.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When we had our first unit, it had one of those lazy susans. I tried to use it, but gave up. Chuck put a wood shelf in for me. Used the top (which was high) for extra paper products. The lower part I could reach just fine.
I have a lazy susan here in the house. Hate it. But way too deep for a shelf.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
John, if homedepot does not have the size of shelving you want on there shelves, you can go to the plywood area and have them cut some to the sizes you want. Good luck with your project.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:26 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
John,

If yours are the deep cabinets like our 2955 had, you might look at the wire pullouts like the 07 models have, or I have seen the wood pull out type installed (recently here on the MOC). I believe the wire types are available from Home Depot.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:43 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
John, we've added white covered wire shelves to several places in our rig. They aren't attached. They have legs and sit on the floor of the cabinets. We bought them at Walmart. The nice thing is that we can move them around if we change our storage needs.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Lots of options here - Home Depot, Lowes, etc. have a variety of shelving ideas. The plastic covered wire shelving can be cut to length (wirecutters or hacksaw). Some folks have installed it upside down so the downward lip on the front becomes a "fence" to help keep things in. There are the metal strips that can be attached on the two sides which allow adjustable shelving. Any of the shelving can be cut to width. There are also the little pegs and plastic hooks that allow the shelves to be adjusted - just add a board with a hole pattern or drill the holes in if hidden on the outside. When the adjustable shelves are not needed they can just be stored horizontally (flat) in the bottom.

Go here and look at figures 13, 14, & 15 on the L/H side.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Thanks every one for your feed-back.Lots of good ideas.Now all I have to do is get my butt to Home depot and see what they have for my install.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote