Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 02:23 AM   #21
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Well Glenn and I consider you all our Friends and Family, Now why should we go to the expense of a washer and dryer combo when we have friends parked right next door?????? Why can't we simple walk next door to your site and hand you a (paper or plastic) bag of my soiled clothing??????? Now what are friends for????
I also know that Sue will probably do Christa's but not mine cause I bad mouth KANSAS now and then (every time I get Personal Property Taxes) But why can't we all just get ALONG???? ho ho ho, I am getting GIDDY Moving the MONTANA to head out TUESDAY for RGV. Ok, Safe Travels everyone John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:43 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
John, I would have to receive your clothes with one of those mechanical extendo-reach things...........and the socks would require a HazMat Red bag, I don't know how your sweet wife Christa deals with it. Aren't us guys disgusting?
I still think you should not push it so hard coming down here, relaxxxxx a little.
Stay safe, buddy.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #23
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Brad--Would the shelf you are talking about be the optional RV/Marine stacking kit (SK02)? According to the rep at Splendide this is the best way to mount the two units because if they ever need service (God forbid) you can get at each one separately. Being able to get to the washer valves without removing a dryer would be a big plus I should imagine. The kit is supposedly available wherever you can purchase Splendides. I would guess a special order as it is not the standard installation mode. It's great to have a wife who is a good detective!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #24
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bill,

Here is the link to the Splendide stacking kit - http://www.splendide.com/SK02_WDStackKit.pdf

All it really does is provide a simpler method for attaching the dryer to the top of the washer. Without it, you have to bolt them together and install or remove them as a set. With the kit, you can disconnect the dryer from the top of the washer and remove it without removing the washer as well. Problem is, the dryer is still in the way of the valves, and the washer floor bolts carry the load for both units while traveling.

What Keystone did in the Big Sky is this:

This shelf actually takes the stress of the dryer off of the wash machine anchors, and proves an easy reach to the valves, as well as the outlets. Either unit can easily be removed for service, or even just access for checkin things out. It just looks like a nicer install. (Note the door is hinged to the left rather than the right like our 3400)

Brad

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Brad--had already seen the link you provided. But I have never seen a new Big Sky. I had no idea that the install for the W/D was such an improvemnt. Looks much better and quite a bit more functional. Now all we have to do is figure out how to engineer it for ourselves. Am I wrong in thinking that Ozz already has his installed? Maybe he'd like to do another project.........
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bill,

Not sure Ozz could help, as he put in a stackable Maytag system that is quite a bit larger in dimension.

I think we're on our own for this one . If Keystone is so kind, I will get a sketch, detail, or description from the Big Sky engineers. Darrell responded and said he would pursue the info needed. Otherwise we'll have to wait for some of those lucky few new Big Sky owners to give us a description .

I think I'll start a new topic.

Brad
Old 01-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Unless this cabinet is wider than the 3400 this isn't going to work for the combo. On the combo you have a little drawer that pulls out for the soap and conditioner. There wouldn't be room to pull it out with the door hinged on the left.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #28
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I was wondering about that Sue - looks like I'll have to decide after they are installed, as the door will either bother the dispensor, or the knobs. Might split the door and do it that way too.

Brad
Old 01-29-2007, 05:14 AM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Also, Brad, there is NO bracing in the aisle side wall in the closet in our 3400. My electric panel is right in the wrong spot on that wall on the stair side.

Thinking of the possiblity of running 1x2 metal studs up the corners to support that shelf? Should clear the washer, I would think?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote