Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Fireman Joke

Coming from a family of firemen and sheriffs I thought this was a really good one.

Firefighting Monkey
A tourist visiting Baltimore walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, a fireman walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll take a fire monkey, please." The shopkeeper nodded, went over to a cage at the side of the shop and took out a monkey. He fit it with a collar and leash, handed it to the fireman saying, "That'll be $1,000." The fireman paid and walked out with his monkey.

Startled, the tourist went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few hundred dollars. Why did it cost so much?" The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can fight fire expertly with the Booster line, with the inch and a half line, and the two and a half inch line, and is certified on all pumping apparatus and aerial ladder trucks.--- well worth the money! The tourist looked at the monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive!

$10,000! What does it do?" "Oh, that one's a certified instructor monkey; it can instruct other monkeys in basic fire fighting skills, fire prevention training, physical training, haz mat unit tactics and fire investigative techniques, and even type. All the really useful stuff, "said the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in a large cage of its own. The price tag around its neck read $70,000. He gasped to the shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the others put together! What on earth does it do?" The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't actually seen it do anything, but it says it's a...
"Fire Chief".

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:47 AM   #2
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Good one, I emailed this joke to all my firefighter friends, especially the chiefs.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Do you know the fire chief's greatest fear at a fire??

It's that someone might move the pumper he's leaning against.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:58 AM   #4
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
As an Assistant Chief (longing to be a "Hose Monkey"), I had to pay THEM four bananas to take me home.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Way too good thanks!
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote