Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2005, 06:53 AM   #1
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
No second ac>>

We thought about a second ac in the monty, but decided to put 2 more fantastic fans in. One in the bathroom another in the vent that is in front of the shower area. This works really great for us, we already had one in the living area. They are all the automatic ones so we can leave one or more open without worring about the rain while we might be gone somewhere. Besides when we go full(5 more months) What ever the weather we plan on being just the opposite place. We have really been soaking up the information from you nice people about all aspects of full timing,laptops,insurance,mail,expenses,etc.etc. Thanks for all the helpfull information Jack & Janet & Koko

Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Like wagonmaster we will NEVER be anywhere were we will need two A/C's or the Artic insulation package. That is the whole reason for having a house with wheels so we can escape from those conditions. The extra Fantastic fans sound like a good Idea..Can you order those from the factory ????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
In our opinion, the artic insulation package does more good in the heat than it does in the cold. Just our opinion.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We bought our Artic package more because of the heat than the cold, Carol. But it sure was nice last night. Glen turned off the furnace and just used a space heater in the kitchen. Still it was 62' inside and 39' outside. I'm sure the Artic package helped us then.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy, it does help in the cold weather, just the name is soooooo misleading, in my opinion. It sounds like you can go out in the really cold nasty stuff, like 20 and below and be toasty warm. Not our experience tho. Our floors are a lot colder than I would have thought, and in cold weather, we always have to wear slippers. And, yes, we run the furnace to force warm air to the areas below the floor. Anyway, I am glad to have it, cause we all know that every little bit of insulation helps. But, I really think the name is all wrong.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
richfaa

You can buy them at Camping World or just about any rv store. We live not to far from the factory so Dennis got ours there plus something a little extra but the service rep said not to say anything to anyone. Oops!!! so I'm not going to say that we got a extra wall control.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich, aren't you headed to Goshen pretty soon? Or am I thinking of someone else? If in Goshen, run up to Elkhart to the RV Salvage place there. They have new fantastic fans there for a whole lot less money than CW and the regular RV dealers. That's where we got ours.

I don't know where the FF factory is but they'd might have even better prices.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:02 PM   #8
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Sorry should have said where the factory is--Imlay City, Michigan. Right off I69.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We've have to run our furnace on our trip to Alaska more than we ever had. I tend to go barefoot in all kinds of weather which led me to discover that those floor vents can get really hot. If there are little ones spending a cold night with you, they're almost hot enough to burn tender feet. I hope this comment fits in the subject of heating and cooling so I don't hijack the thread.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For some of us, the choice is either we do some time in high heat and humidity for a period of time in summer and cold/ice/snow for the winter holidays or we miss grandkids' birthdays and holidays with the kids and grandkids. We're only there for one month in summer so will likely not add a second AC.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
We aren't likely to add a 2nd AC. It was pretty warm last weekend when we had a family reunion at Melvern Lake in Kansas. We have a small fan that we sit on the built in dresser to move air at night. It does get stuff in the bedroom at night when the door is closed. The fan helps to pull air from below the door and keeps the area comfortable. We purchased a fan that will run on 12-dc or 120-AC.

Gimmy2001

Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #12
PATRAVE
Established Member

M.O.C. #3739
My wife and I have been in Mesa AZ since Dec. will be leaving in Sept.We added the second AC and what a difference it made. We had CW of Mesa install it . It was about $100 lower than dealer price.I have to go my wife wants to go to the pool. Have a good Day.
PATRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote