Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
Parts Book with real part numbers

I walked into the local Montana dealership looking for a part for the pocket door. Instead of the "parts person" pulling out a REAL parts book with REAL part numbers, he just took a description of what I wanted and wrote it down on an official-looking "parts requisition form". 4 weeks and counting...still no response from the dealership.

Last trip out, one of those funky plastic ceiling speaker mounts cracked. I want a replacement unit, but I'm hesitant of going back to the dealer (even with the broken part in hand) and seeing if I can get one. You folks have to come up with a better way of getting parts to the retailer---at least provide them with a parts book so a customer if needed, could check REAL part numbers with another dealership and fix their units in a timely manner----this is the pits...!

tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:00 AM   #2
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Keystone should provide CAD files on a CD for all owners. This CD could be inserted into the owners manual.

There are generic software programs to display these CAD files.
A parts list extracted from the CAD files is common in industry.
The Drawing Layers could be plotted to a file for various sub assemblies ie. Sub Frame, Wiring, Chassis, Plumbing, Hydraulics, super structure......

Granted not everyone of us would use this but at some point and time there would be a need. It takes only a second to insert a CD into a laptop and find a solution and a part # to ask the dealer to order. Think of the amount of time saved at the parts desk. I'm sure the dealers would love it too.

Where does that wire go?

What size screw was that?

Is there any backing material to mount that whatever?

Whats that thingy called?

Those are just questions I have asked myself.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:20 AM   #3
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I would even pay for something like this if it was available thru the dealers.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote