Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Splendide Ariston Install

One of the final touches before spring was to install the Aristons in our 3400RL. Not a task for the short tempered, but there are worse jobs (like replacing a black tank I guess ).

I used the Splendide dryer stack kit, Splendide vent, and figured out a way to install a set of Splendide front floor brackets to the rear as well as the front (turned sideways, measured carefully, then pushed the wash machine into them). The stack is secure with no tip front to back or side to side, but still enough play to absorb some vibration. I did change the cord on the dryer to a flat type because of clearance, and I did have to reverse the closet door swing. Not very good access to the wash machine dispenser but great access to the controls and front load door swing. (Neat little feature on the wash machine is the controls retract to allow for more clearance with the closet door). If the dispensor becomes a problem, I'll look at alternatives for the closet door. We plan to use the little detergent bags you throw in with the wash.

Still winterized, so I'll have to test later. (Hope I picked the hot and cold valves right). Pics are posted here http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...36&uid=6528899 if interested in how I did it (scroll to bottom).

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Great looking job, Brad. Nicely done.
We better tell Ozz to move over a little
Good photo album also.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Nice work Brad!! By the time spring gets here you are going to have that coach modified perfectly... Looking through your list of modifications, I see so many things I would like to do to my coach. Oh the options... Enjoy your new 3400RL!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:29 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Brad, looks like a good job, well done. However I would be sure and check the vent pipe being high at the discharge point. The dryers will not filter all the lint and it will not blow it upwards. Read some place that the vent pipe should be level or lower that the discharge point of the dryer.

Our closet door opens to the same way as before, but it is now a solid door and we can get to all controls and all doors on the W/D. And if we want to it can be returned to the folding type door. We also used the flat type cords.

We also had CW get a drip pan thats made for the Splendide W/D. We traveled over 1,675 and the W/D didn't move at all....GBY...

You will really like the Splendide Ariston, Delaine really likes the Ariston. And she has had the Splendide 2100 Combo also.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Brad, your DW will really enjoy having the w/d onboard. If, I say, IF your hookup was like mine,(and the stick house too), the hot valve is on the left. I'm not saying all Montanas are the same, but you would think maybe they could keep something universal! By the way, I was going to dewinterize today, but here in Ohio the forcast is a high of 40 deg for the next three days!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #6
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Nice job Brad! Be careful you don't work so hard on all those mods you'll be to tired to go on vacation!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Brad,

Nice job on the installation. Very professional!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Nice install Brad. I liked the battery box you installed. That may be my next modification. We are usually in a park, but I can see us boondocking a time or two.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:10 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks all! Figured I better drill that big hole before it goes to the body shop this week (Dealer is covering some factory blemishes and the awning guy messed up a little on the window awnings)

Montana Sky -

fun toys, but I noticed I had to add some more air to the hitch . Starting to get heavy.

Delaine and Lindy -

I'll have to make it a routine to pull the dryer and check the wash machine hoses in the back and clear lint out of that T-box in the back every once in a while. Running the vent up and over that belt cover on the back of the dryer made life much simpler and allowed me to keep the 4" duct. That dryer stack kit makes pulling the dryer a 5-minute job. I may end up modifying our closet door to be like yours. Depends on how many complaints I get from the DW this spring.

Brad
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
FYI, DW absolutely loves our Ariston stackables (she used them two days on the maiden voyage). Actually said that they work better (cleaning and ironl-free) than our stick house set (Uh-Oh, somehow reading between the lines, I can see where this is ultimately heading). I guess my only way out is to keep her in the Monty more, do you think?????

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That's the right answer Bingo - keep her where she is the most happy! (think of all that fishing time you'll have)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #12
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Very nice work Brad! I was looking at your photo album also to see what you've been up to. Your rig must be looking sharp.

Gees - I haven't been out to mine for a bit and the season will soon be on us. Only a few finishing touches left and I'll be ready - I'm dying to try out my water filters and load 'er up!
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Brad, YOU DID A GREAT JOB!!!!!! I only wish I was that talented. I don't want to sound picky, but is there a way to vent the dryer out the bottom of the Monty. With the vent under the awning one might get some hot air out there while soaking up the ambiance. I ordered Autoformer, ice maker, leg levelers, hitch safe and thinking about the JT Stabilizers. We still have about another month before we can begin loading up our Monty. When we pull out of Alaska this summer, I will be making appointment at CW in Tacoma for slide topper, and then installing satellite and internet before heading east along the orthern route.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Phil - sounds like your having as much fun as me! By the time I get ready to use it I'll be too tired.

I did wonder about venting down. Three things stopped me - A black tank, a grey tank, and a gally tank. All three are real close down there. My worst nightmare would be pulling up on the hole saw and seeing a 4" black polypropylene disk in the end of the bit followed by that awful smell!

I guess I look at the vent as a heated porch . Truth be known, I tested the dryer and that 110VAC Ariston does not produce a lot of heat. It sure won't be contributing to global warming .

That icemaker is sounding real good right now, could use a Chivas. Are you getting the portable?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Brad, you do really nice work. Showed John on the things you have done, and we may take you up on some of your ideas, like the vent in the bath and the thermometer. We are lucky that many of the things you are doing are already coming with our Big Sky. Hope to meet up with you and Dory (sp) sometime. Karen
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #16
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice work Brad, I also like your photo page. Very professional. I would love to take a tour of your Monte, as it is well done, my friend.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #17
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
NICE WORK!! Wow, you been busy Brad. Have you done all the work yourself, or have you had help? When do you find time to work at the JOB? Love the photo album.

Karl
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #18
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ozz - Karen - I always hope to meet up with folks and would enjoy it. I tried to get a picture of me drilling the dryer vent hole in the side like your picture Ozz, but nobody to hold the camera .

Karl - We did pay Camping World to install the pin box, and the Awning guy to install the awnings - the rest we are doing ourselves and has been squeezed into evening and weekends. Notice we still have the plastic on the carpet and the Monty is already 4 months old .
Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #19
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Good job!! You did a better job than a service center. Very professional!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote