Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ford Keypad Entry

Just a silly note as I may be the only that didn't know -

I just found out the door keypad on the Ford Lariat lets you lock and unlock the truck while its running. Tried Dory's Expedition and it does the same.

Brad & Dory

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniWeather2_cond/language/www/US/CO/Littleton.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Littleton, Colorado Forecast" height=50 width=150[/img]

Visit us at http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/bsmeaton

2003 2955RL - 5.5KW LP Gen - great for the lake!
2006 F350 Stroker Lariat towmoter - love the trans shift and integrated brake controller.
'95 SeaRay 200BR named Dam-It - occassional tow buddy

I ain't as good as I once was - but I'm as good once as I always was - Toby Keith

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
yes it does, but I haven't used mine yet i had it also in my other truck and didn't use it. but if you ever lock you keys in the truck you can easily get in there to get them. one day i'll change the factory code on mine.

2006 Montana 3500RL, MorRyde Suspension, W/D, 2nd A/C, Fantastic Fans, MaxxAir, Fireplace, RotoChocks, Slide Awnings. 2005 Ford F350 Lariat LE, PSD 4x4 Dually, Long Bed, C-Betr Mirrors, Vortex Spray-In Liner, Access Tonneau Cover, Remote Starter/Alarm, LED Running Board Lights
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Program a dummy phone number into your cell phone that is the key pad code. Most of the time the phone will be in your pocket, on your belt, or in the DW's purse. We have two phones and the code is in both phones, just in case we ever get accidentally locked out.

Charlie
2001 F-250 Lariat SC 4x2 LB 7.3L PSD
BD Power ECM 80 HP Performance Chip
BD Power X-Monitor LED Digital Gauges
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
2005 3295RK

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
It is also good so when you stop for a munchie break at a resturant you can leave the ac on if you have a pet like us, lock the truck and not worry about them getting too hot. But we will have a hide a key because you know how electronics can be.

Darrell&Pam
06 3670
06 F350 Lariet P.S.D. C.C. DRW.
Husky 16k glider
Huntly-Yorkie
Zachary,La.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Charlie

Program a dummy phone number into your cell phone that is the key pad code. Most of the time the phone will be in your pocket, on your belt, or in the DW's purse. We have two phones and the code is in both phones, just in case we ever get accidentally locked out.
I usually leave my phone attached to my purse...and I can see locking my purse in the truck one day while having a senior moment...that's why I'm going to get that combination changed one day I know the factory code, but I rather use my own code...one less thing to remember in my old age.

2006 Montana 3500RL, MorRyde Suspension, W/D, 2nd A/C, Fantastic Fans, MaxxAir, Fireplace, RotoChocks, Slide Awnings. 2005 Ford F350 Lariat LE, PSD 4x4 Dually, Long Bed, C-Betr Mirrors, Vortex Spray-In Liner, Access Tonneau Cover, Remote Starter/Alarm, LED Running Board Lights
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
[b] We do like pud2 and leave our truck running to keep our Lab cool in hot weather if we stop to eat. You can open just one door, all doors, or lock all doors. Do you know you can got into the setup on your dash and change your auto-lock feature as well?? {/b]

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Miss Ko-Ko (Chocolate Lab)
Huntsville, Al
'05, 3400RL
'05 F250 Ford King Ranch, CC, FX4/4x4, 6.0L PSD

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/AL/Huntsville.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Huntsville, Alabama Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Native tex

How do you change setup from dash?

Darrell&Pam
06 3670
06 F350 Lariet P.S.D. C.C. DRW.
Husky 16k glider
Huntly-Yorkie
Zachary,La.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I have a Lariat but I would never leave my truck idling with the key in it. Many vehicles are stolen this way. I bought an after marker Cobra Vipor system. I can start my truck and I can leave it idling with no keys and the security system has a starter disable.

Ford F150s and even the lowly Ford Focus come with a starter disable key, but our beautiful Superduties have nothing. That is why The Ford Superduties are one of the top stolen vehicles.

The remote start is great and I never thought I would use it so much. I rarely crank by hand.
For you diesel guys , the system I have can be programmed to let your diesel idle for a set amount of time before it shut's down. Great for your turbos.

I still use my Keypad to lock all the doors because then all the lights go off right away. If I use my remote to lock the doors , all the interior lights stay on and this is harder on the battery.

Don & Donna
Vancouver Island
2005 Ford F350 V10 Lariat CC 4x4 LB SRW 11200 GVWR
2006 Montana 2955RL
click on the little pic to see a big pic
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Native Tex,

You're right, I just figured that out today as well! Didn't even know you had the option to change it. There is also one for the headlight delay timer as well. Pud2, start with the button on the left of the command center then go through the various menus.

I've had an Expedition for 2 years, and does does all the same things - just never new it till today. I programed both keypads with the same number.

Brad
Old 09-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #10
Montana_6186

M.O.C. #6186
We leave ours running and locked in the winter when we go into a shop so the dogs will stay warm. Also as someone mentioned have a hidden key just in case. I'm also interested in hearing how you change the options.

Jason & Mary-Jane
2 Brittany Spaniels, Ranger & Molly
Proud Owners of a New 3295RK
'04 F250 Lariat Super Crew 6L Turbo Diesle
Montana_6186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
For the keypad code (all keys within 5 seconds of each other):

Doors unlocked, enter your factory code
press the 1/2 key
Enter your own 5 digit code (any series of 5 buttons)
Doors should lock indicating accepted (your factory code NEVER goes away).

Now that it works
Enter the personal code (driver door unlocks)
enter 1/2 within 5 seconds (remaining doors unlock)
enter 3/4 within 5 seconds (liftgate opens - only I doubt anybody has a liftgate, as it gets in the way of the Monty hitch)

Anytime - 7/8 & 9/10 together locks all doors.

Command Center -
Press the Setup button in the middle, and press again to bypass system check. Then you can change the:

Autolock on/off (doors all lock when in motion)
Autolamp delay (select number of seconds for delay after ignition off)
Easy Exit seat (seat moves back when key off - I don't think the trucks have this).
Old 09-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brad, that's how I am able to open up without a key when I lock the truck while leaving it running after a hard run and have stopped at a rest area. I lock it with the button on the inside of the door but could do it outside. If using the inside button it will immediately unlock the driver door to keep you from locking your keys inside. Just hit it a second time and it will stay locked. Also, you can set the outside lock to the combination of your choice.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #13
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
I like Charlie's idea of using a dummy phone number in the cell phone. I have a hard enough time remembering all my pass words and numbers for EVERYTHING !!!! AHHHHHHH.

'06 F350 SD King Ranch CC LB 6.0L PSD FX4 4x4
Still shopping for the Monty !

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/WA/Bellingham.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Bellingham, Washington Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/TX/Cypress.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Cypress, Texas Forecast" height=100 width=150[/img]

Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve - I didn't know the inside lock would pop up if the keys were in it either! Thats good to know as well.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:09 AM   #15
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I'v been doing that for years now and dont have a keypad entry system. I have a key cutoff and in the ignition, and my regular key is in my pocket to acess my truck when I return.

Don, Georgia and Smokey.
AKA: Trailer Trash 2
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel, Clydesdale, Banks Stinger, Prodigy Controler,
Pullin a Super Fine 2004 / 2980-RL

[img] http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/bigwx_cond/language/www/US/CA/Santa_Fe_Springs.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Santa Fe Springs, California Forecast" height=60 width=468[/img]

Trailer Trash 2's link
Trailer Trash 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #16
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I do not worry about anyone getting into my truck. Lexus is a full blood Pit Bull. Anyone who knows her also knows she would knock them down and lick them to death. Not knowing her looking at the big head and stocky body aint going to chance it. I find that criminals are scared to death of Pits, after all they know what they can do, largely because they are the ones that have made the dogs viscious.

Rick & Wanda R.
2005 F250SD Lariat 4DR.
6.0 Powerstroke
2005 Mountaineer 328RLS
Sulphur Springs, Texas
Kids: Lexus and Sunshine
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote