Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Difficult Feelings

I may be about to get unpopular in a hurry. I managed to stay out of that other thread. But here goes on what I am thinking.

In my opinion, that matter was not about freedom of speech or censorship at all. It is about a 64 year-old man that got his feelings hurt. I am sorry he got his feeling hurt and I don't think anyone intended to hurt them. However, I expect a person that senior in years to have learned to manage hurt feeling with greater dignity than was demonstrated. Additionally, my experience teaches me that often when one gets offended, it isn't because the offender is so offensive, rather the offended is so easily offended.

My feelings have been hurt many times by various folks. Picking up my marbles and going home is not a mature way to manage anger and frustration. With all the encouragement many of you gave the man and he is still espoused his desire to leave the group, my vote is to let him go. And I won't be pleading for his return.

Further, I wish to applaude the site monitors, who have the thankless task of trying to maintain the rules to which I agreed when becoming a member of the MOC, for doing their job with even handedness. If they were to choose to extract this post, I might be disappointed, but I would not pout or leave.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:59 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Enough said Stiles, great post.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well said, as usual, Stiles. As said before, 'Thanks" to the moderators and administrators for all their help. I'm sure their job can be difficult when there a disgruntled member.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:42 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Well said and I concur.....sometimes people make their own issues.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Here, here! Thank you, Stiles, from both of the Reigles.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Stiles, You have said it all and very well.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:24 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles
Very well said. I read the recent posts on the other thread and was sitting here trying not to respond. I think the inference that some made to not having a sense of humor or being to sensitive is not the point. There are forums where you can do all the bashing you want, MOC is not one of them, Thank Goodness. And why many of us stay here. Thank You for saying for all of us in an very elegant way.
Happy trails............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 AM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about, I must have missed the whole episode but I can say this:

I’ve had a post (maybe two) deleted from the MOC . And I really don’t have a clue as to why they were deleted. You all know me by now. I’m a real great person, nice, kind, considerate, supportive, charming, easygoing, thoughtful… (well heck, I could go on all day but I should move along here)……and yes my feelings were hurt.

But ya know, I feel I should pick and choose my battles and when looking at the whole tamale of life, those deletions weren’t something that were worth fighting or leaving the MOC over.

I’ve got too much livin’ and having fun to do before my number is up. And the MOC is lots of FUN.

So I say this also (I say alot of things, don't I? ): Go ahead and pout and talk it over with someone and get it all out. Then go outside and see that the sun is still shining and the birds are still singing and the world is still turning. Enjoy the day and be thankful that you can.

Now I have to go eat my oatmeal.

PS: Stiles..... You aren't going to be unpopular for your post. It's very good. Anyways, most people will forget about yours and be shakin' their heads and saying to their Significant Other, "Honey, come look at this weird post D-and-M wrote".

(Edit: I found the other thread after posting here.)
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:52 AM   #9
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I should have read this one before I responded to the other. I agree 100% with what was said above. I said in the other post some things that are funny to some are not so funny to others. There is a general lack of respect for people in office deserved or not and I get enough of it elsewhere. I appreciate the work the moderators do to keep it friendly here and as on subject as possible.

As of yet I have not had anything deleted, so I must not have anything interesting to say.

Nancy
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We didn't post anything on the other thread because we felt the same way as Stiles. Only he put it much better than we could have.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #11
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Well said. I've enjoyed MOC just because the people who post DON'T always agree BUT they do respect each other. I've learned so much about my camping and camping in general fro all of you. I'm proud to be a part of MOC. I can't wait till the fall rally and put some faces and personalities on the MOC names I've seen posted. God bless you all!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #12
Ontheroad
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #551
A great man once said.

Smile and move on...
Ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #13
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Well said, Stiles. I hope we can put this one to rest and get on with some more interesting and helpful topics.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:08 AM   #14
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Stiles, I could not have said it as well but I agree with you 100%
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:04 AM   #15
joe2speed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1268
Stiles, It could not have been said any better. Agree with you 100%.
joe2speed is offline   Reply With Quote