Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Onan Gen and Pickup

I have a 05 GMC Duramax Allison Long Bed and we tow a 05 Mountaineer 335RLBS. I have been considering a Montana 3650 5th for some time but am inclined to stay with my paid in full 05 TT. With that in mind I have been considering generator options. I have a Honda 2000 and could get another but I am also considering the Honda 3000 or even better an Onan LP 5500 and mounting it in the bed of my truck. I have a fiberglas shell but I do believe I could easily vent it to outside or just open the sliding windows and operate it with out concern for security. Running on LP I could carry a nice large tank similar to the ones on the trailer and not tap that supply. In between times would have a filled 3rd propane tank available for when staying in one place for a long time and using the furnace allot.
Although the cost is a big difference I think that the LP convenience and the ability to fully supply my needs 30amp service and there should I go to a 5er and 50 amp service. Quiet, efficient and no need to carry gasoline.
Your thoughts. Has anyone done the same thing?

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote