Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
Hot Water Heater bypass etc

Does anyone know a source of pictures and descriptions on how to drain, clean, and by-pass the water heater. I had my dealer prep mine for winter since it was in the shop when the weather turned.

My owners manual is pretty generic.

dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
There are many sources of information on how to winterize your system. Just google the phrase "drain rv hot water heater" and you'll find a lot of url's. As far as I know of there are no owner's manuals that get real specific, but searching the web should get you a lot of information.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Don't know of any pictures but if you can get to the plumbing to the water heater the bypass valve is right there with the input plumbing.

As far as the best way to drain the heater, I would think it would be removing the anode. It should be checked/replaced periodically any way. You should have low point drains for the lines.

There are some Pix's of various mfgr's heaters in Trailer Life's Repair and Maintenance Manual by Livingston.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote