Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Plentofamily

M.O.C. #19899
Montana Living

I became an empty nester last summer and realized I wouldn't have anyone with me so why was I living in a condo I didn't need anymore. I am now living full time a 2012 Montana that's like new. I love it! I'm doing the reverse snowbird thing, Florida in the summer and North or South Carolina in the winter.

I do need some help. Apparently, the people who had it before let the water from the shower door drip on the laundy access door and now the door is falling apart. I'm not sure how to repair since a whole door is needed. The problem I have is the carpet, any ideas on how to save the carpet from the door?

Plentofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! I can't help much on this issue since our rig doesn't have the laundry door you're talking about.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
tumbleWeeds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19902
Send a message via MSN to tumbleWeeds
Brand new Owners

Hi all, introducing Roger and Joni, who went to go "just looking" at Montanas today and BOUGHT ONE! We currently live in Colorado Springs, CO with our dogs. We are retired from the Army. We plan to become full timers soon, and do some traveling. For the summer we will be at Gunnison, CO on and off and make a trip to Sunriver, OR for a reunion. We have been rving for 27 years, but this is our first Montana!
tumbleWeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have the same laundry door but never paid any attention to construction. I would think you could just remove the door and see how the carpet is attached. Probably short nails/tacks or staples. Since the door is already coming apart it shouldn't be hard to get the carpet off even if you destroy the door in the process. Measure the dimensions of the wood and go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a piece of good quality plywood cut to that size, including matching thickness. Then reattach the carpet to the new door.

I would also be concerned about the floor around that door.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleWeeds View Post
Hi all, introducing Roger and Joni, who went to go "just looking" at Montanas today and BOUGHT ONE! We currently live in Colorado Springs, CO with our dogs. We are retired from the Army. We plan to become full timers soon, and do some traveling. For the summer we will be at Gunnison, CO on and off and make a trip to Sunriver, OR for a reunion. We have been rving for 27 years, but this is our first Montana!
Since you are a new member let me suggest that in a case like this you start a new thread rather than add a comment to existing thread. Comments on an existing thread should pertain to the original discussion point of that thread.

Other than that, welcome to the forum.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Kimo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13238
In reference to the laundry door in the floor, I have now taken them out of two rigs and just went with the solid floor. The carpet is stapled about a thousand times on the edges. First start by taking the screws out of the hinge and them a long process of removing staples carefully to save the carpet. Not fun but not too hard.
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote