Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
BandG
Established Member

M.O.C. #23101
Service for leveler Jack needed asap

We are stuck and don't know where to turn. Our Lippert 3.0 right front Jack isn't working. We are away from home traveling. We had a call with Lippert and they think it's the gear box. They created a case number. We had a mobile tech come yesterday and he left saying he will look things up on the internet and maybe contact Lippert. We have an appt tomorrow with Gander rv but of course they can't guarantee a turn around time for parts if needed. Could be a month. REALLY?!?! So, I called Lippert again today to see if we were to take the coach to a place near Goshen, Indiana.. would it be possible to get a faster turnaround. Well, that was for nothing as they couldnt guarantee anything. We just got this coach in Sept. We have had nothing but trouble after we got it and during our travel. We are scheduled to attend the rally. But we have things that cant wait. Need a new kitchen faucet because of trim falling off during travel that broke off the handle (keystone is aware), furrion radio needs attention (it stopped working and I do have a case number after calling Furrion). This is supposed to be fun!!!

BandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Brenda,

Is this a landing gear jack that will not move? Are you able to hook up to move?

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
BandG
Established Member

M.O.C. #23101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Brenda,

Is this a landing gear jack that will not move? Are you able to hook up to move?
Yes, the front right. It only moves when it wants to. We were able to Jack the coach up and get it on the truck. Fortunately!! We will see what gander rv can do tomorrow.
B
Old 07-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #4
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
Sorry for your issues, honestly just replace the kitchen faucet. The ones that are OE just aren’t worth the headache.
We had a problem with leaking hydraulic levelers and Lippert and CW worked well for us. Luckily we were staying a month, 2 weeks were all that were needed.
Hopefully they can get you done as fast.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
BandG
Established Member

M.O.C. #23101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMOTraveler View Post
Sorry for your issues, honestly just replace the kitchen faucet. The ones that are OE just aren’t worth the headache.
We had a problem with leaking hydraulic levelers and Lippert and CW worked well for us. Luckily we were staying a month, 2 weeks were all that were needed.
Hopefully they can get you done as fast.
Thanks for your concern. If we weren't under warranty I wouldn't mind paying someone to install a faucet but, the point is we are still under warranty and it should be taken care of by cw and keystone. They have already been paid for all of this.
My main concern is the levelers. It is the top of my gripes. Way to ruin a trip.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I have changed faucets in the shower, bathroom (2 sinks), and 1/2 bath. My 5er is 2 months old. Change them and Thetford toilets now or later when you have a bigger problem.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The Thetford toilet in our 13 3402 was replaced within the first 6 months. We have not had a problem with any of our faucets and we are very high end users
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote