Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2018, 07:56 AM   #21
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
Not sure if you sold it or not, but, a dealer near me had a 2017 FL for sale with the legacy and he had it listed for 55k (its gone however, just not sure what he sold it for) he had it on his lot for quite some time, even though you have the legacy package and full body paint, it really doesn't add value to it for trade in or resale, since the full body paint are so limited, not everyone likes it. Just keep in mind an RV is like a car or house, not everyone likes the upgrades nor will they pay for the upgrades when buying it used.

May I ask, why are you selling so quick? It's only 2 years old

rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #22
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Jim and Jan, Yes the sink is a 60/40 split sink, and yes the cook top is a three burner gas cook top. We would never want those electric glass tops! My wife is a gourmet cook, and refuses to use glass cook tops. And yes, I'm am pretty anal about taking care of this 5th wheel, or any of my vehicles for that matter. In fact yesterday I had the wheel bearings replaced with upgraded bearings, just because! I figure since there is no engine or transmission, the only thing I can do to make this 5th wheel more reliable, is to replace the wheel bearings. We are going on a final trip in 3 weeks. You could come to see it here in Tahoe before we leave, or after we get back? The only thing, is when we get back, we might have to go directly to our storage yard in Reno, if it is snowing up here in Tahoe when we get back in the middle of November. let me know. Thanks Jim
Old 08-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #23
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Mike, Not sure what a 2017 "FL" is? I listed the options I added above, and I paid my dealer 90k when I special ordered this 5th wheel, and yes, I have seen so many RV's with the stickers faded and peeling, so I wanted to have the full body paint and added protection, and I keep a good wax coat on it. I also like all of the options on the Legacy package, especially the rear cap, as I like the look more than just the flat back end on the stock Montana's. I was not going to sell it, and I am not looking forward to doing all of the bug fixes on the new one, but after having this model for 2 years, when we saw the new model come out, we really wanted it. So hopefully I will settle in on this new model, and not see another one we like in 2 years time? :-)
Old 08-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #24
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
Mike, Not sure what a 2017 "FL" is? I listed the options I added above, and I paid my dealer 90k when I special ordered this 5th wheel, and yes, I have seen so many RV's with the stickers faded and peeling, so I wanted to have the full body paint and added protection, and I keep a good wax coat on it. I also like all of the options on the Legacy package, especially the rear cap, as I like the look more than just the flat back end on the stock Montana's. I was not going to sell it, and I am not looking forward to doing all of the bug fixes on the new one, but after having this model for 2 years, when we saw the new model come out, we really wanted it. So hopefully I will settle in on this new model, and not see another one we like in 2 years time? :-)
The 3730/3731 FL front living room. I like the rear cap as well and wished we could've gotten it for ours. Are you getting the front kitchen again and are you staying with the Montana?
rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #25
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Yes we are staying with Montana. We are planning on getting the 3930/3931FB
vipermanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #26
Quizzaguy

M.O.C. #22487
VIPERMANDEN, Yes we would love to see the 5th wheel! (Being new to the forum, I didn't know how to find your response) We are free almost anytime this coming week, except Monday, if you've not already left on your trip. One final question though, the cooktop is the one that sets on top of the counter, and doesn't have the collapsable cover, hopefully?? Our house is going up for sale TODAY, and your timing couldn't be better! We're super glad you've decided to sell now! When we first started following your blog, and saw your rig, I knew you had excellent taste! That is our perfect dream RV! So let us know if we have to wait until you come back.
Thanks again!
Quizzaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:31 AM   #27
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Jim,

I did not know they had the gas cook tops without the cover that goes over it? It is the fold up granite cover, that gives you tons more counter space when you are not using the stove top? It must be something new, but I'm sure my wife will pick the granite cover, since it gives you more counter space. I will send you a private message so we can communicate with e-mail.

Dennis
Old 10-19-2018, 07:30 AM   #28
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
OK, here is the deal of the decade! My private buyer I had lined up has decided to go with a brand new Montana 3820FK, and if they get everything mine has already including the washer/dryer, and king size sleep number bed and the legacy edition with full body paint and all options Montana offers, they will be paying around 105k with sales tax and license and registration etc. I was going to sell it to them for 63k and my dealer was going to let me trade my 5th wheel in for 58k. I would rather see someone in the Montana club get this good of a deal. So anyone out there want this totally loaded 2017 3820FK for 58k? I will be trading it in around the end of November. So it can be picked up from the Reno, Nevada area around then.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:40 AM   #29
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Has anyone on this site sold a 5th wheel to someone in the State of California before? When I read the CA DMV site, it says not only does the buyer and seller have to sign the papers, but so do two more witnesses, which I assume can be our wives, but then it says you need to get it notarized as well? Is this for real?