Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Monty waxed, bring on SPRING!!

Did the annual hand wax of the Monty today at a good friends Implement shop. Scrubbed the roof good with Thetfords Rubber Roof Wash and Conditioner, throughly washed fiberglass and hand waxed it with Meguires Boat and RV Wax, number 50 I believe. Now bring on spring, temps in ND have been 20 degrees below average for the last few weeks. Average high is low 50s now and early next week temps are forecasted to be in the upper 20s. Maybe warming to the 40s late next week. Will wait till then to summerize the Monty. Getting jipped out of some valuable RVing time now.

The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
How many hours does that job take? Thinking of doing mine, or on second thought, paying someone to do it.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Took about six hours. What worked out really slick was my buddy has a fork lift with a "basket" attachment. I hired one of the employees there who regularily waxes tractors/combines and put him on the forklift. I did the bottom half. Wax on, wax off. Took our time as well with some breaks. I am 46 and it kicked my rear end, my "employee" is 25 and full of energy!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Hang in there, Rick. Warm weather will get there pretty soon. Are you expecting snow out of next weeks storm?
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Hey Lonnie, sounds like it might just stay south of us. I think Thursday I may summerize!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Mid April and the Monty still has pink juice in her veins. Longest we have ever gone not being in the Monty. Just had another big winter storm, over a foot of snow and temps staying below freezing. Temps in North Dakota are typically in the 60s this time of year. Doesn't look like this winter will ever end. Short season as it is and getting jipped out of April now.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Rick:

We are feeling the pain right along with you. We WERE planning to head to Bismark late next week, but since they too have extended winter and got 17" of record snowfall for one day and cold temps till the end of the week that's now not going to happen. Up here we escaped the snow but still have a least a foot of snow on the ground. Looks like we won't get camping till at least the first week of May, the latest in over a decade for us!!! Hang in there, it will even be sweeter when we finally get started for 2013, come on SPRING!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DarMar

Rick:

We are feeling the pain right along with you. We WERE planning to head to Bismark late next week, but since they too have extended winter and got 17" of record snowfall for one day and cold temps till the end of the week that's now not going to happen. Up here we escaped the snow but still have a least a foot of snow on the ground. Looks like we won't get camping till at least the first week of May, the latest in over a decade for us!!! Hang in there, it will even be sweeter when we finally get started for 2013, come on SPRING!!!
Bismarck ended up with 24 inches via the NWS. Town is just buried. Right now I am convinced spring or summer is not coming especially with nearly the last 2 months being 30 degrees below the norm.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #9
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Rick,talked to some folks in Jamestown and they are really frustrated with the delayed spring there. At least your rig will look nice in the snow!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #10
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Rick,talked to some folks in Jamestown and they are really frustrated with the delayed spring there. At least your rig will look nice in the snow!
Absolutely. The snow slides off the side easier with the fresh wax on it.