Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Need your advice............

In my quest to get the Monty ready for the 2013 season, I have been working on my spring cleaning on and off since January. Today, it was a pretty decent winter day in ND, cleaned out the basement, vacuuming etc. I opened up the access cover which exposes the water pump and thought boy I could put a layer of reflectix insulation over the top of the pump to make things quieter inside the Monty. It is right next to the furnace and right below the heating ducts and then I thought if I cover it up, it won't get heat. Or covering it up won't make much of a difference in sound proofing?

Your thoughts?

The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Sound like a good way to quiet the pump. I'm sure you have winterized the camper so I'd say use this time to quiet your summer camping trips. I've made a box out of foam board and then coved the pump with insulation. Putting a length of garden hose in line with the water feed off the pump is another way to quiet the pump.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Thanks Dennis. I am just thinking about the early spring and late fall when things can get pretty cool in ND during the RVing season. I like what you did with yours!
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Just putting a rubber pad under the pump makes a huge difference.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #5
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
In my case, I found that the water pump was not the source of all the noise. It was the water lines that were thumping. I put pipe insulation on all the lines I could get to and then added an accumulator from Camping World. The accumulator stopped all the hammering and now I can barely hear the pump run.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote