Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
First 10 Days in New 3582RL BigSky

Picked up our 3582RL Big Sky the 27th of August. We spent two nights living on the lot at Tiara RV in Elkhart. I had forwarded the PDI checklist prior to our arrival. I believe they thought they were going to be selling to a real horses’s petoot but quickly realized we were simply making sure everything worked as advertised. It was appearant they went through the list prior to our arrival, as I could find no issues when we did our inspection.

They gave us a five and a half hour orientation of all systems and checked on us regularly until we left. We had a washer/dryer, surge/voltage protection, vent covers, water purification system, TST pressure system and a Voyager wireless backup camera installed. They assisted me with dropping in the Hensley BD3 Trailersaver into the F350 and spent a bit of time overseeing my “first” hookup.

All in all I have to give Tiara 5 Stars and a tip of the hat for a job well done. Great Folks to work with. They didn’t gouge us on the labor to install the extra equipment which we did not buy from them but had drop shipped in prior to our pickup. We even lucked out on replacing our recliners. We struck up a conversation and had lunch with another couple on the lot who were trading in a Cameo for a new Redwood. They left their nice leather recliners in the unit as part of the trade. A bit of horse trading and we were able to swap out our stock recliners for their traded in recliners.

We have been in the coach just over week now. Three campgrounds in KY and MO as we await going to the Escapee’s Bootcamp and then up to the Fall Rally in Goshen. The only issues we have found so far are a couple of loose cabinet hardware fixtures, the toilet seat pin coming out, some loose molding the bathroom and a screw in the overhead fan coming out, which we were able to replace. All in all pretty good.

As a couple of life long Alaskans we are learning the meaning of the word “humidity”. Have bought a 25pint portable dehumidifier (which filled up eight hours after plugging in) and are experimenting with different fan, AC, and dehumidifier combinations to create the best living conditions in 90 degree and 85% humidity.

We absolutely love our new mobile condo and are quite pleased with our purchase, our dealer and the good travel fortunes we have experienced so far. We know there are going to be issues to deal with along they way, but label ourselves quite pleased and blessed to finally have our new home on wheels.

troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Good reports are always good to read, and are seldom posted since it seems mostly problems are posted. We have been fortunate that our rig has not had any major problems either. Keep us posted on future adventures and any trials and tribulations you may experience!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The small minor problem that he reported are the ones that should be reported and sent to Keystone. We had many of the same issues..Toilet seat pin falling out..Cabinet fiztures....These are sloppy wormanship issues and need to be reported.

We have 15 minor stupid workmanship issues alread listed to be repaired by the service center later this month.Everyone of them came off the assembly line
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Domestic is aware of the toilet seat problem. When I called, I was told "no problem", and they sent a new seat with different design, including a piece of double sided tape. No problems since last fall.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks Mike..We see a new Toliet seat in our future.Wait a Mimiute...Dometic knew since last fall but mine was installed on this thing 5-3-2012. What is wrong with that picture.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Robert and Kerri,
Great to hear you are enjoying your new rig. A few minor items to correct but almost anything needs a few corrects now and then. Keep on enjoying and I hope we can meet somewhere out in this great country of ours. Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad things are going well with your new home. Tiara seems to be a great organization to deal with and, of course, they always treat the Montana Owners group well.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We've owned our rig since November, 2009 and have had only very minor things crop up that were easy to remedy. The three items that we brought to Keystones attention were taken care of with no problem.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
That is great story. Ok but one thing. How did you stop toilet pin from coming out! Lol it's been a pain "well in the butt"! Lol I was afraid to ask anybody! Ok I need to slow down and read the posts ! I will call tomorrow! Lol
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Never having purchased from Tiara at Elkhart, I have come away convinced from at least 3 purchasers including you that they extend themselves to satisfy the new owner.Good Luck with your new 3582 and safe travels.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #11
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Good reports are always good to read, and are seldom posted since it seems mostly problems are posted. We have been fortunate that our rig has not had any major problems either. Keep us posted on future adventures and any trials and tribulations you may experience!
Bingo
x2...also, pics of your new BigSky!!!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote