Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2007, 02:38 AM   #101
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Fun Time RV in Cleburne, TX.
Sales great, 10. Had read some posts in other sites about some of their salsmen being a turnoff. But our salesman (Robert Roe) was great. He kept us informed via e-mail over about 3 months of what they had in stock as we were looking at several different brands/models. And was always very attentive when we would visit to view different models. Would highly recommend him.
PDI 7. Everything went well. I just did not feel the person doing the PDI was all that experienced in what he was doing.
Service 9. Limited service exposure so far. One warranty item. Took them several days to call me back. But when they did, they scheduled me in right away and completed the repair very quickly. Very friendly staff.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:38 AM   #102
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
R V Station in Nacogdoches, Texas--Delt with Richard. Goter done when he said and how he said. I showed up with a 7 page list of items to look at during predelivery. Put my list up, they had a better one. Have not needed any service as of yet, but I recon the service will be just as good. I have had a couple of off the wall questions for them and they got the answers quickley.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:56 AM   #103
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just a word of appreciation to Danny Fitch at RV Connection in Panama City, Florida. We have always been shown great courtesy and real friendship. He had a great Montana to show us on our last visit. It was only the size that prevented our decision to buy. We have nothing but good will toward Danny and the dealership and will keep our options open for the future.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #104
medic519
Established Member

M.O.C. #4109
Larry's Trailer Sales
Zeigler, Illinois

Sales 6

Service 0.

Had warranty work done on a leaky grey tank. Did not fix the problem-then told me Keystone told them that they would not warranty the tank. I contacted Keystone myself and had no issues. Keystone stepped up and installed a new tank. Thank you Keystone!
medic519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #105
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Meyers RV
Hamburg,NY
Sales- Don't know can't compare to anyone,my first purchase 2005
Service- I season camp in the area part of the year.The service man that comes to the camper is great(10).Had some work done at the dealer Not great (5)I will not return to this dealer on next purchace.Good service is too important to me
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #106
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Pocono RV - Wind Gap, Pa.
Sales 10 - Good pricing.
Service 10 - They stand behind their work and will do warranty work regardless of where you bought the unit.
They proved display units for the 2007 NE Rally.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #107
Roadster31
Established Member

M.O.C. #5548
Myers RV (CW) Churchville, NY

Sales 6 Helpful until they get your $$s It took 2 three hour trips to see the coach we purchased after we were told it was there both times.

Service ZERO They have NEVER returned a phone call! They serviced a brake problem and it was worse than before they worked on it.

Warrantee work was finally done by Bath RV Bath NY
their service was 10++
Roadster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #108
Bradln
Established Member

M.O.C. #5783
RV Central of Sheldon, Iowa.
They would get a 10 for Sales support. They knew what we wanted and helped us to achieve our dreams.
The Service Center is also a 10. They may take a few days to get to it. But if they say Tuesday, you can drive up on Tuesday, because it will be done.
Bradln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #109
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Paul Evertts RV, Fresno, CA

Sales 9, Darrel was very helpful,
Service 1, Came in to have 4 small items fixed and back to pick up the trailer ended up fixing them all myself. The repairs they did make were half way done.

Mark
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #110
jewelhound

M.O.C. #7680
Fun Time RV in Cleburne, TX.
Sales 10. As mentioned earlier Robert Roe was great. We had an issue with the unit we had planned to buy and Robert worked with us until we were very satisfied. We would also highly recommend him and would buy from him again.
PDI 6. Again I agree with the previous comment that the person doing the PDI was not as experienced at I would expect.
We have not had any service required as yet.
jewelhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #111
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Holiday World of Houston
Gulf Freeway (I-45S) at Calder Road
713-943-1331
Sales 10
Service 10
Parts 10
PDI Technicians 10 (11 really)

Going into any place without attitude will be helpful!

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #112
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Camping in Style....Whitby Ontario...Mke Leger is the service Manager...Not only did I get a great deal on my unit...the after sale business was great...I would give them an 8 on the dealings I have had so far...service and service times I will report on at a later time.. Well I have had some problems with my unit...I will up my dealer rating to a 10...they are good folks and take care of their clientelle..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #113
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Burnsides at Houghton Lake MI
Had a brake problem as we left home in a Blizzard, drove in 4 wheel drive and called them from the road, they said you can't drive all the way to FL like that, I will tell the service dept you are on your way. We rolled in and a service man met us in the lot, had us un-hook, and started on our unit. Found we needed a new break unit, ask which one we wanted, I told him the best you have, he went to work and put it in the truck, when he hooked us back up found that was not the problem, it turned out to be a broken wire under the truck box, well... he too out the break unit put our old one back in and fixed the broken wire, all for $72.00!!! This man laid in the snow in a blizzard and was so cold he could hardly talk, and worked on our truck for 3 hours, couldn't have been nicer and we were on our way. Burnsides could have sold us the new break unit and fixed the wire and we would have never known the difference. The are just great and we give them a big 10+++
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #114
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
SUN CITY RV, COLORADO SPRINGS CO. Rate 10 in Service. After dealing with DEE'S RV in Colorado Springs CO I went to Naylor in KCMO and rate Sales and Service a 10. now I needed warranty service in Colorado Springs. Called Team Montana about my counter top, they said I had to go to a Keystone dealer they said Dee's I told them I didnt want to go there and told me I could go to SUN CITY they were a dealer. I went to the dealer and talked to the owner (family owned) and he said he was not a Montana dealer, I told him the story and reason and he said SURE I WILL repace your counter top we talked about us living in the RV he said fine Email me photos of the counter top and I will contact Montana, in a few days a call it was OK'd to replace when it arrived he called and was so helpful took to the shop early in the AM and had it finished by 5PM his tecs were so frendly we talked for some time and signed the ticket and off we went. they are going to get my business from now on.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #115
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Burlington RV Superstore - Burlington, Wisconsin
Service - 0
Sales - Unknown
Moved to the area last year and needed service. Called them and they said they needed to decide whether they would let me get service there on my Montana. I told them not to bother. Had a few emails back and forth with their President. He states that he has too many customers to service people off the street. With the current economy, care to bet that by next year he's singing a different tune?
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:09 AM   #116
bkirk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8193
I recently ordered and picked up my 3465SA from Couch's Campers in Middletown, Ohio. I will start by saying they have GREAT staff. The owner, Jerry, is very hands on and goes beyond being helpful and down to earth. The sales staff was great, mine was Brannon, and all have returned or answered all of my telephone calls. I have not had to take the trailer back for service yet (Brand new and hope I won't need service this soon)but if the service I have received thus far is any indication, I will never have problem with this dealership. I am customer service oriented and demand it when I spend my money !! Thanks Couch's and I highly recommend you to those I come in contact with !!
bkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #117
tstewart

M.O.C. #7007
Reines RV in Manassas, VA.
Sales = 8
Service = 9
Bought my 07 3600RE from them. I had a quirky brake issue that required serveral trips to figure out, all done under warranty. They eventually figured out that the "magnets" weren't working as they should have been causing the drag in shoes occasionally heating them up. They were pretty responsive to my service calls as sometimes the brakes would heat up and sometimes they wouldn't. Additionally one of their service techs gave me his cell phone number and had me reassured that my brakes were working by putting a volt meter on the brake wire within the axle right before I was going on a trip. I'm satisfied very much with their service.
tstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #118
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Camper City, Buford,GA.

10 sales and post sales....

Hope not to require service but expect good things...
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #119
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Simmons RV, Anchorage, AK

Sales: 8

Service: 9 Simmons installed every extra we purchased to our requirement and our rig was ready and delivered on the date promised.

I would gladly purchase another rig from Simmons RV, and I won't hesitate to take this rig in for needed service.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #120
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
When I bought my 3400 from Simmons, they agreed to store it for the winter, great!!! When I went to pick it up in May the following year, they said it was ready to go. I went to pick it up and was unsure of the operation of the awning so I had them demo it for me. While it was out, I noticed a tear in it. The service mgr said "I guess someone scraped it against the garage bay when they brought it in to clean it". I asked if they had another one on order and why they called me to pick it up this way. He said "They would put one on order and didn't know what happened to it". File this in the "for what it's worth department". They did put one on rush order and had it in a week and replaced mine. I just wonder what would of happened if I had taken the unit, THEN noticed the tear while I was camping......... Other than that, no complaints with Simmons RV........
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote