Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #21
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Thanks for asking, as of just this past Monday, she was VERY weak. They just put her back on solid foods on Sunday.

However, solid foods must agree with her, cause she was supposed to come home on Thursday (this being Friday). The doctor messed up and did not come to discharge her till late in the afternoon, and at that point they decided to stay one more night and discharge today. I have not heard from Al yet today to verify if they really did spring her.

She is going to need help for a while yet, I have no idea what his thinking is on getting out here, so, I am doing his chores too, cut the 3 acres today, 4 hours, riding lawnmower, guess I should have cut a few days ago, cause it was longer than I thought! Oooops. I am a bit sore from riding that long, but it is supposed to rain all weekend, need I say more??

Anyway, all the MOC prayers have surely helped, and we cannot thank you all enough for your kindness and consideration! We hope that she continues to heal and get stronger as fast as she has.

Thanks again, for the prayers and for asking.

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #22
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Hi Carol,
Hope your mother in law is up n running soon!

I remember last time I cleaned my top of the Montana the black streak remover from Walmart took off the stains from the bugs. I let it sit a few minutes, but they were gone.

P.S. Doesn't Michigan suck right now. My husband had 10 trees cut down, which was only supposed to be a trim job on 1 tree to get ready for our pond we are putting in, anyways..he's been splitting the wood himself and it was snowing on him yesterday, and tonite it is supposed to get down to freezing .

Anybody out there jealous of us Michiganders?
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #23
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
No Sue we are not. That is why I'm in California. I know your cold, lived in Upstate NY for 10 years. Snow Oct through May. Very, Very cooooold. I don't especially like everything about CA but I do like the weather.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #24
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sue,

Yes, the weather has been frightful,

Thanks for the good wishes, she is finally strong enough to stay at home for a few days by herself, Al is back in Tipton for the first time in over 2 weeks.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:28 PM   #25
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Well, it really bugs me that we we out of town when this discussion began to materialize. It is sort of like getting the joke after everyone else has stopped laughing. I guess I'll bug on out of this topic so no one will be bugged by my tardiness.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:47 AM   #26
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Yup Stiles. We missed it too. The rest of the MOC forum must have heard us rolling on the floor just now. Fulltimedreamer--you missed your calling as a writer for camping magazines. Maybe Trailer Life would like to print that little number. It was priceless.

Hope the bugs are gone CountryGuy--and more important hope that Al's Mom is making good progress.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:49 PM   #27
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Bug report, I think they are gone, Al will have to climb up there and look and finish cleaning if not.

His mom is doing much better, home, and in fact, is with him at OUR house for the weekend, as I am out of town researching.

Now, we are praying for my daughter-in-law's mother, who has just been diagosed with cancer.

Carol
Old 05-17-2005, 12:47 AM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's a good news/bad news report, Carol. We'll pray for the other grandma. Sure glad to hear that Al's mom is doing well.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #29
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
This topic rated an article in the Houston Chronical last weekend. Your folks could have written a better one.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:34 AM   #30
Montana_676
Established Member

M.O.C. #676
Al&Carol,I noticed your post was late april on your bug issue.Here in Arkansas we have bugs called"May Flies"which emerge late April to early May depending upon the weather.On I-40 between Morrilton and Russelville they are unbelievable!It sounds like bb's hitting your truck and you will have to stop and clean your windsheild before you go home after work.I avoid pulling my Montana thru this stretch of I-40 when the May Flies are out.I dont know how they are elsewhere but as I said they are a mess here.As far as cleaning the bugs I use SD-20 which works very well.If they are real bad I'll clean in the morning as the dew seems to soften the spots up.Till the next time,take care & stay safe,Rick.
Montana_676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #31
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
HamRad gave us a route north out of Bakersfield, a really enjoyable drive. However, there are many beehives within site of this highway. It's quite an experience, rat-a-tat-tat, as a swarm of bees commit suicide against every vertical surface of the truck and the house.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #32
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
We get some bugs like that up here. They leave red or pink streaks. To get them off, I use a bug pad, a foam pad inside a mesh. I use regular car wash soap in warm water and LOTS of elbow grease. They usually come off. And speaking of long hauls, we pulled our previous 5r to Minneapolis area for the 4th of July. It was a 3 day weekend. We did watch the fireworks from the back of the pickup. Next morning we left at 7, drove 650 miles. One thing though, once you get out of the cities area, there are miles and miles of openess. Would I jump to do it again?? NAW.. lol,, young and foolish is a good term to apply. But we had fun.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote