Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #101
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
62 us the sweet spot for best mpg on my Dodge, also less heat in the tires, better stopping distance and few folks want to hang around in front of me.
All of the above DITTO.

When you think about it, 60 or 65 is only five minutes difference in an hours travel time.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:35 AM   #102
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
I've heard you have a lot of halfbacks there.
People that move to FL and after the first summer down there move half way back to NY.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #103
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbrace7 View Post
I was awarded a truck drivers license by the US Army in 1971, before CDLs were mandated. I've driven some crazy loads in strange places. But the worst of the RVers out there are the ones that get out of the right lane and drag their feet under the speed of the flow of traffic and impeding everyone. Get in the slow lane if you are slow! Company trucks are governed at 72mph for a reason : fuel economy. Keep up with them and get out of the way. Your little 22,000 lbs is tinkertoy play for the pros. Be as considerate of the big guys as you are for the texting millennials that are out to kill us all. Tires are the limiting factor mechanically, driver skill level is the mental limit. Seeing a retired 70+yo Cubicle Dwelling Prius driver behind the wheel of a huge class A pulling a toad, going 55 in a 70 in the rain is scary. Im a retired driver/ mechanic that believes in requiring licenses for the size of the vehicle is the way to go. And, yes, I do pull my 5er at posted limits, but I'm set up to do it.

Our history is similar. Uncle Sam allowed me to drive his tactical tractors pulling some pretty big loads in several countries, one of which the folks liked shooting at us.

I have always drove my fivers or MHs below the speed limit and always been extremely careful of my stopping distance. The unit we have now could easily run 80mph all day long but I would never consider driving like that.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #104
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I've heard you have a lot of halfbacks there.
People that move to FL and after the first summer down there move half way back to NY.
That is what they are most often called ~~ in their presence. They came for the weather, ocean, low taxes, and laid back lifestyle. Then they want to change things to the way it was up there. If it was so good up there they should have stayed or are welcome to go back.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #105
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Yep same problem here in AZ.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #106
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have never moved to Florida but are Florida residents and winter there. It is way to hot and humid in the summer.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #107
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
That is what they are most often called ~~ in their presence. They came for the weather, ocean, low taxes, and laid back lifestyle. Then they want to change things to the way it was up there. If it was so good up there they should have stayed or are welcome to go back.
Ain’t that the truth!
People come out where we live, buy some land, build a house then put up poster signs. Years ago when we saw someone on our property they were hunting or whatever didn’t anyone care. We still don’t care but sadly most people or the new comers do care. When we were kids we tried to tear up the land and couldn’t so don’t think walking on it will hurt it.
Lynwood
Old 07-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #108
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Ain’t that the truth!
People come out where we live, buy some land, build a house then put up poster signs. Years ago when we saw someone on our property they were hunting or whatever didn’t anyone care. We still don’t care but sadly most people or the new comers do care. When we were kids we tried to tear up the land and couldn’t so don’t think walking on it will hurt it.
Lynwood
We should be able to give them a test! If hunting, fishing, outdoor fires, and taking things easy bothers them, don't allow them to move as they will be unhappy and make us miserable. Most want to kill every bear, copperhead, and gator then bitch when a deer is harvested. Also, maybe get $100,000 each held in escrow. If they assimilate in 7 years they get it plus interest. If not, we have a party and none of their kind are invited.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #109
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I think we killed all of our gators cause they are all gone. When the deer eat their flowers they wont to get rid of them too.
I think what you say is true. A lot of times when city people move in a rural area they try to make it just like where they came from not realizing the reason they moved in the area will be lost.
I think most people who “camp” wont where the camp to be like their neighborhood. They wont full hook ups, nice neighbors, grass, internet. When I go I wont to get as far away from that as possible. I wont a place where my black tank isn’t used.
Lynwood
Old 07-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #110
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
I think we killed all of our gators cause they are all gone. When the deer eat their flowers they wont to get rid of them too.
I think what you say is true. A lot of times when city people move in a rural area they try to make it just like where they came from not realizing the reason they moved in the area will be lost.
I think most people who “camp” wont where the camp to be like their neighborhood. They wont full hook ups, nice neighbors, grass, internet. When I go I wont to get as far away from that as possible. I wont a place where my black tank isn’t used.
Lynwood
We are waaayyyy off subject but I’ll tell ya as an Arkansas native living out in the sticks all my life, when I go to the campground I like to have nice neighbors and full hookups. That way I am comfortable when I get back from whatever I was doing that day. I am well past sleeping on my ATV or bow of my bass boat days. I’m older and want to be comfortable.

How did we get here from the original post LOL. Opps look out here come the forum police.....,
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
Old 07-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #111
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
That's what happens all the time don't Y'all know that bring lots of pop corn!
Happy Trails
Old 07-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #112
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Lynwood
A lady from 'Nu Yark' lives across the pond. Tried to tell her not to feed the ducks because …. and she did not like it. Then she got really mad when a gator ate a couple ducks. The gators were eating her stuff too and she had wildlife come and take the 4 1/2' male that decided wait at her door for food. They came and took the male and fined her $1000 for feeding gators. They informed her the larger female and 14 babies are staying and should not be fed. One day she will see a copperhead in her yard and that may be enough to send her back up north. It is said "a Yankee comes, spends a bunch of cash and goes home" while a "damn Yankee comes and stays".
Old 07-11-2018, 07:49 PM   #113
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
As the OP's question has been answered and beat to death we have digressed way off topic. Time find another post to respond to.

Closed Thread