Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
Patrick rowe

M.O.C. #18903
Send a message via AIM to Patrick rowe
Closing up for the season

Hi everyone. I'm in a seasonal campground and will be closing up the 4 slides and winterizing the coach for the winter in two weeks. We are located in Southeast Minnesota.
Could there be a step by step guide or format for me to follow?
This is our first year in our 2010 3400 RL Hickory Edition.
The former owner has moved to Arizona and can't be reached.

Pat

Patrick rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Ours is to move to warm weather. Yours- drain water out of fresh tank if used, power off water heater and drain and replace anode rod since it is probably time to do that, open low points drains and all faucets to make sure most of water is gone, use safe anti-freeze in sink drain traps, close all faucets and low point drains, use compressor to clear any water lines of water by partially opening one faucet at a time until nothing bu air comes out, then close and do next one. Disconnect one lead from battery, partially open fridge/freezer doors. John
Old 10-03-2016, 05:33 AM   #3
Starmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16103
Hi Pat,

Check out my posting in this thread: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=66433

My step by step list is fairly complete and there is additional info in the other postings in the thread.

Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jcurtis934

Ours is to move to warm weather. Yours- drain water out of fresh tank if used, power off water heater and drain and replace anode rod since it is probably time to do that, open low points drains and all faucets to make sure most of water is gone, use safe anti-freeze in sink drain traps, close all faucets and low point drains, use compressor to clear any water lines of water by partially opening one faucet at a time until nothing bu air comes out, then close and do next one. Disconnect one lead from battery, partially open fridge/freezer doors. John
If you do it this way, have someone flush the toilet while the air is on so that the toilet valve doesn't hold water and break over the winter.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:54 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Although many are proponents of using air only, we have too many items that air will not protect (washer, dishwasher, etc.). Have always used the pink stuff in all the lines using the convenience center (including black tank flush) and have never had a problem. I do isolate and drain the water heater since that would be a waste). Takes about three gallons on our rig which is less than $10 for a trouble free re-commissioning in the Spring.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
Patrick rowe

M.O.C. #18903
Send a message via AIM to Patrick rowe
Thank you everyone.
I appreciate the time you all have taken to reply.
Very confident the closing up for the season should be trouble free.
Sincerely,
Pat
Patrick rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Take the battery inside on a trickle charger... If that battery goes dead, the liquid left is water. If it freezes, gets cold and stays cold, the battery water could crack the housing... I usually leave my tanks valves open . use compressed air at about 40lbs. open one faucet at a time till you get air out... Leave all valves and faucets open, if there is water inside, it will have space to expand along the water pipe.. leave the fridge open... maybe some moth balls near any where critters can get in.... lube doors and hatches... ..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote