Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Refigerator fan

I was messing around the inspection covers on the outside of trailer, the unit is a 2980 RL the frig is in the pop out so we have 2 covers, I removed the top cover to just nosing around, and to my supprise Keystone installed a wisper fan with a sensor on the refrigerant line as a switch and when I guess it get too hot it turns on this fan on to cool it down or move air on the cooling fins, has any body else noticed this on there 5ers and was I kinda right on it's purpuse?

TT2

Old 02-12-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Haven't noticed the fan, but will check when it is light, and hopefully dry. Can anyone explain the climate control switch on the fridge? Should we be using it?
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:24 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
TT2, ours is in the slide, also, but I've not looked for that fan. But, you're right about it's purpose. I've seen them advertised by aftermarket dealers. When the chimney temperature reaches a certain point the fan comes on to draw cooling air across the cooling fins. That's my understanding, at least.

SMC, the climate control switch is for high humidity conditions. I think but am not positive its purpose is to reduce moisture in the fridge and freezer during high humidity, like when you open the door and external (to the fridge) air comes in. Just don't forget to turn it off when you put the Montana away or that thing can run down your battery in pretty short order. I think it helps reduce the speed of frost accumulation. If I'm wrong, someone please jump in. That's my understanding of it from what our dealer said.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Steve,You are correct it helps to reduce the frost in humid conditions.That is also an excellent tip to turn off when not using. My battery was draining and I had no idea till I started to check it out with a VOM meter and that was the culprit.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote