Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #81
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
MontanaSky,

Another fine example of our discussing, agreeing, not agreeing, having our say and still respecting each other. WOW, do that in other online forums! NOT!!!!!!

Glad you were able to "steal" a few ideas of ours. Ohhh, you said "copied". HA HA, Sorry, glad you were able to "copy" a few ideas! Al and I have copied a few from other MOC members too! GOOD ONES TOO!

Thank you for the kind words about whatever contribution we make here at MOC. Believe me, I think there are a lot of others that make some fine contributions too. That is why we are all addicted to MOC, EH?????

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #82
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In order to avoid getting ulcers and worrying all the time I decided long ago to make two list.One was a list of all the things I had absolutely no control over..Like when the Sun would go Nova, When world war three would start, What the price of fuel will be in the morning, will Wall mart build a super store in the vacant lot 1/4 mile from my home, Etc, Etc. There are about 53,000 items on that list. Since I nave no control over them at all I decided not to waste one second of my time worrying about them. The second lists is of things I have TOTAL control over..Like, when do I wash the dog, Do I put out the garbage before or after breakfast. Do I use the power push mower or the garden tractor to mow the lawn.. This list has about 12 items on it. These things I worry about..Makes life easier.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #83
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, you must be thinking of the Pete Rose statement, when he became the first $1 million/yr MLB player and a reporter asked him what made him think he was worth $1 million a year? His response was, "Because I can get it." I don't really have any beef about anybody in this free enterprise country making money - as long as it was done morally, ethically, and legally. If not, they need to be held accountable in a court of law (Enron).

Otherwise, I feel no one should have a fear of trying to achieve wealth in this country - it could set a dangerous precedent. Now there are some massive PR blunders sometimes, but that doesn't mean that those people didn't deserve their monetary gains.

On the Exxon-Mobil exec - I am wondering, though, why the board would even approve such a thing in light of Americans' (sometimes misplaced) anger over gasoline prices... Ever wish you were a fly on the wall? Well maybe an electronic "bug"... flyswatters hurt...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote