Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Art
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5316
Looking for Ft Lauderdale campground

Does any of my fellow MOC travelers know of a good campground around/near Ft Lauderdale, FL? We hope to send several days there around Easter, 2014? Thank you.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Art, click the alternative that many travelers overlook and that is county parks with RV spots. Broward County may have what you need. Good Luck.

http://www.broward.org/Parks/Camping/Pages/Default.aspx
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

These are the 2 county parks I have used the rate is around $30 a day. They are in the southern portion of the county

I have stayed at Topeekeegee Yungnee Park. The RV area is quite nice but it is next to the rail road. It is not too far from shopping etc.

C. B. Smith is not as nice but is further from the noisy parts of the county. The RV area is not as nice but both are well maintained. It is in the country and not near the shopping etc.

These 2 commercial parks are the only one I have used in the Ft Lauderdale area.

North Coast RV Park is the one I stayed in for a month this summer when it was closed for the summer. It is close to the big airport and is combined with a marina and doesn’t have a pool or recreation hall. It is still in the southern part of the county. It is closer to shopping etc. Because of the marina it is a little costly.

The only other one I have used is Kozy Kampers this is a very old park doesn’t have a pool. Some of the sites are difficult to get in to. It is in the northern part of the county. It is not out in the country but Ft Lauderdale is not a city that you can walk to a lot of the attractions. I heard they have raised their rates but I am not sure how much.

If you need any help PM me. I live about a 100 miles north but Ft Lauderdale is my home town.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #4
mobil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10437
We've stayed at Markham Park. It's a Broward County park, full hookups. It's a convenient location (was for us) with easy access to I-595, the turnpike, and Sawgrass expressway. Our daughter lives nearby so we've stayed here for 10 days or so on our way to the Everglades. Anyway the park is large and can be crowded on weekends and holidays(winter is camping season for Floridians). They have a nice dog park, bike trails, a small lake, rc aircraft field (gotta go see the model jets!), skeet and rifle range(can be quite noisy as all of Broward County law enforcement use the facility for practice/qualification) that's open to the public for a small fee. It's quite nice considering it's a county park in very busy south Florida. Here's their #, 954-357-8868 It can be seen on Google's streetview.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
subra1228
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10766
I think about 30 minutes away (I could be wrong), but in Lake Worth there is a wonderful county park - John Prince Park. We stayed a couple times while visiting my parents in Boca.
~Suzanne
subra1228 is offline   Reply With Quote