Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2019, 06:10 AM   #21
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosssmith View Post
If those tanks are well vented to atmosphere then you are good to go. If they are not and one of them ever has a release...
The Yellowstone Super Volcano is 40,000 years over due for an eruption, I don`t worry about that either.

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #22
SVJeff

M.O.C. #25128
Westinghouse is trash. I bought mine dual fuel from this list and From Day ONE we had issues with the battery not holding a charge. Westinghouse representative told a battery was not under warranty, despite the fact it was ineffective upon arrival. We were advised to take the battery and have it tested by a place like Autozone and if it still didn't work, they (Westinghouse) would provide us locations where WE could purchase a battery at our OWN expense.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #23
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
I've heard mostly good about the Westinghouse 4500DF. Here's my take, we considered it but dismissed it because we felt that most times we would never need it's full capability except when we needed A/C. Most times it will be only for charging batteries and we can more than get by on much less. In that light we opted for two Champion 3400 remote starts with a parallel kit. They would be stored in the truck bed and when on site and when needed they could both be hooked together to provide the rig with needed power. If we needed the truck, one or both could be left on site to provide power. They are smaller and lighter than the 4500 also. We felt parallel 2000 watt gennies were insufficient. Remote start is desirable option, who wants to go out in the rain to start a genny? There is a place in CA (Supergen Products?) that does DF and remote start conversions at a reasonable price to Champion 3400 genny. Best of both worlds if that turns your crank.

JMHO.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote