Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #41
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There are a couple of ways to get to the Private Message (PM) function. The easiest is to click on "Private Messages" on the right just above the thinner brown bar at the top of the page. Then look for "Send New Message" in the left pane. That will put you in the PM scree where you fill in the blanks and send.

If you have any problems, let us know. We can help.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:33 AM   #42
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
2020 Montana 3931FB Key TV Antenna operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Since I do not have the Key TV Antenna Booster on our 2013 unit I can't give you much help but if it were me, I would check to see if there is any info or book on the antenna in the paper work you got from Keystone when you purchased the unit; all Keystone Customer Service and ask them about it or contact the OEM manufacturer of the antenna booster customer service and see what they have to say. I would probably contact the OEM manufacturer first if you can find the number for them if I cannot find any booklet concerning the booster. Maybe someone that has a new unit will come along and give you better info. Let us know what you come up with.
We just purchased a 2020 Montana with the KeyTV box. Absolutely does not work to get digital air channels without unplugging the cable from the outside at the water cabinet. Camping World sent me one page of information that they receive on the system with new campers....no help at all. The Forums show that sometimes if the whole KeyTV box is replaced, it will begin to work. The service tech that looked at mine saw a wire that was exposed and has now ordered a new box. NO ONE seems to have a manual or any paperwork on this new system that has been installed since 2018. If I do get any answers I will definitely post it here so that we all can benefit.
greenportbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #43
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
... NO ONE seems to have a manual or any paperwork on this new system...
Take a look at the Files section
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hp?do=cat&id=3

There are four KeyTV manuals there already.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #44
Sluboater

M.O.C. #25644
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2mtnman View Post
Thanks for the reply.

My unit is equipped with the new "KeyTV" and there are no splitters and I checked the cables to make sure they are tight.

I just believe that the unit needs to be replaced but the dealer still thinks that there is an amplifier next to a plug in the bedroom. I tried to tell them that the KeyTV unit eliminates the need for the amplifiers and takes care of reading the signal and routing to the proper channel.

I'm stuck here

Any others out there that are experiencing issues with their KeyTV unit?
I have a new Montana High Country. Our TV reception on cable is grainy. I changed cable to the Key TV plug with blue light and from other plug to TV. Get all the channels and no improvement. On my Grand Design there was a button to turn off booster. I will probably wire direct to the TV if we can’t figure this out.
Sluboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #45
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Looks like the only option is to unplug the cable from outside and run the air channels on your TV. Mine had an exposed wire so Camping World is replacing my KeyTV box. There are no booster buttons anywhere. I have gone to Amazon and ordered an antenna to plug directly to my TV. I will still have to unplug cable from the TV and plug in antenna every time, but that is better than having to go outside each time.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:31 AM   #46
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hp?do=cat&id=3

Here are the books on the KeyTV system
Old 02-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #47
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Did you ever get your KeyTV system working? Camping World has been here 3 times, working on the 4th time today. Have replaced the KeyTV box and the antenna. Now they are starting to work on replacing the connectors and then will hard wire the antenna to the TV and bypass the coax cable running through the camper. If we then get clear channels, they will have to replace all the coax cable in the camper .
Old 02-05-2020, 02:18 PM   #48
greenportbeach
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25701
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
KeyTV uses a single uninterrupted coax line from the “box” to each TV (color coded coax) No splitters, boosters, or other impediments between the incoming sources of content and each TV location.
Which is what we think is bad with our KeyTV system, so the WHOLE single coax cable line coming in will have to be taken out and replaced.....hope it doesn't come to that. Can't imagine what other problems will come up tearing into all the walls and ceilings!