Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Need to read the Graphics Threads

I think someone at Keystone should take a look at the threads on the decals. You may be cutting your throats by not doing something about this problem. My sister owns an 11 year old Fleetwood Savanah and the decals are still intact and not peeling. I read that others are having the same luck with their other brands while the Keystones are peeling like mad. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM........

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
This is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. I don't think there are very many rigs out there that are not having a problem of some degree. For those of you that are going to the fall rally maybe someone should bring this up with Keystone. Also I understand that Burlington Graphics might be there so someone should definitely approach them about the problem. They are beautiful graphics but of very poor quality
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Are the Montana’s the only company they supply graphics for?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I won’t go through it again with Keystone in regards to Graphics With Mr. Wade My time is to valuable I sent a registered letter and CD showing all the defective areas in 07 after the 5 Flags Rally. I spent many hours writing letters to get bounced to a Lady that as far as I'm concerned didn’t give a darn, but out of there great generosity they would give me the front cap decal good faith gesture. Excuse me for getting upset, but I don’t like being led in a never ending circle.
I have stated many times on this forum about defective vinal being used by Keystone's vendor and I'll still say it.
I have had Fleetwood moterhomes, Komfort Travel trailers, Field and Stream TT, and a Terry 5er, and not a bit of decal problems except for fading as the years went on which is OK for me, all except for my Monty, and in 3 years my Monty looks like it went through a giant power washer, Georgia and I love it and will not depart from it.
I will drive it down the hi-ways and as they say advertising is the best way to show something. I'll be doing that along with the many other Keystone products with the same problems and which I have discussed with many on the road.
Pretty soon it will be all white 5er and no decals to worry about.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
And don't promise you will do something and drop it. Like Don we have had other rigs, no peeling. Ours are horrible - great advertisement for Montana!! They have been peeling almost since day one. We were told it was the dry southwestern weather - so why do those that don't live in the SW still have the problem? We were promised something would be done by Mr. Wade along with the hole in our basement and have never heard from him. I cannot see paying to have the same decals put on when they were the problem. Thanks for letting me vent.
Happy trails............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Are you listening, Keystone? The peeling and cracked graphics on my pretty rig are not a good advertisement for Montana. I don't think we could have bought a better RV, but the graphics are the pits.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
The graphics on my 2008--3075 have been peeling for some time. I took the front graphics off and had a local sign feller make and install something new. The others can just peel and fall off. Like others on here, it doesn't make sense to go through the effort to remove a defective product and then install another defective product. Can you here me now ?
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 AM   #8
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
In my conversation with Kristen at Burlington, she stated that Keystone supplied the specs for the graphics material and implied that the problem is basically due to their specs. The mountain scenes on my 2008 Big Sky are starting to look very ragged and I'm considering just leaving them that way for all to see.

For what it's worth, only the scenes on the south and west exposures (driver/nose) are peeling at this point and I suspect it's partially induced by AZ sun. In any case, Keystone really needs to step up and correct this very public tarnish to an otherwise good image. JMHO
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 AM   #9
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
Quote:
quote:Are you listening, Keystone? The peeling and cracked graphics on my pretty rig are not a good advertisement for Montana. I don't think we could have bought a better RV, but the graphics are the pits.
Carolyn
Ditto!!
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 AM   #10
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
This is one of those issues that I think everyone needs to respond to, good or bad. If Keystone is really listening they need to here from as many of us as possible because if they only here from a few they will probably just look the other way. But if we can get enough people to respond to this topic they will see the real picture and see just how big the problem is. So for all of you Lurkers out there, please post your thoughts on this topic.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
My 2003 looks like it is a 1990 something with all the graphics pealing off, the mountains look like it snowed on them. It is awful the nose graphics are gone some on the side are gone the MONTANA on the back is gone and all the rest are pealing really bad.. Can I afford to put new ones on?? NO I will just let them come off and hope it will look better being all white.. It is a shame that Keystone don't step up and Do something about this problem.. Are you Listening KEYSTONE????
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:10 AM   #12
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
So far the MONTANA name on the back of ours is doing ok, the front though is a different story. The mountains are starting to curl pretty bad and about half of the MONTANA name is gone. I have ordered new graphics and will put them on when they get here, but I'm not too happy about having to do it again in a couple of years.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Same as all the above, our Terry TT was 9 years old and faded some but no peeling or curling. Our Montana came off in 2 years and the rest are following suite, our assembly date at Keystone was Oct 23, 2006 for a 2007 Model Year, it looks past 10 now. Cheap, cheap, cheap.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #14
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
One of the main reasons I am planning on purchasing a Montana next spring is because of their reputation for good customer service and responsiveness.
After reading about bad graphics (for YEARS now) and seeing no improvement or response from Keystone or Montana I am wondering if their reputation is either undeserved or, perhaps, sliding quickly downward.
Maybe I better start doing some planning on extra money being available to have the unit painted!?!?!?!?! (which will, or course, delay my purchase) or maybe shop around a little more.
It's a lot of money to spend for something that will look shabby.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #15
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Well, I thought ours might be different, but before 4 years, the Montana decal on front and back looks awful. Mountaineer Edition decal just below it looks fine. I'm thinking it will do until we trade. I was thinking 3750FL, but we are looking at SOB also. We'll have to see how Keystone responds.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
It would be nice if Keystone offered a full paint option for each unit ordered AND warranteed the decals for 4 years to show they stand behind their product. If it is true they have severed their contract with Burlington, perhaps some of this might resolve itself. I did see a Montana High Country today that was not white and looked pretty good, although I think it still had decals. Wonder how long those will last.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
What I find interresting is that some of the graffics are still in very good condition, but they are all solid in color, that funny green colored one, its hanging in there, but all the others that have more than one color or patern are all curling .
Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #18
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Mine just turned 2 years old from date of production and the front Montana word is peeling bad.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 AM   #19
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Mine is also peeling around the edges, after about two years this started happening. I will not fix this and let it go until it looks really bad and see if I can remove it the rest of the way. Leave it without.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Maybe keystone should buy my 06 3400 Montana and do a in depth study on why our Graphics are not shrinking or peeling at all. It has been everywhere in all kinds of weather and never stored.. I will make this a official offer and will accept a 2011 big sky.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote