Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #1
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
email scams

looks like scam artists can even try and get to you through this forum..heres what I received this morning..

Sent From Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum by musaţ
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Fri 1/01/10 7:07 AM
To: tom41

Hello tom41 You received the following message from: musa (musasite2009@yahoo.com) At: http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/ Dearest in Mind It is my pleasure to write you after consideration, since I can not be able to see you face to face, at first, please I need your help. I am Musa Abdullah, the only Son of late Mr & Mrs Muhammed Abdullah, from Sierra-Leone (I am 22years of age.) My father was a liability Cocoa and Gold merchant in Sierra-Leone before his untimely death. After his business trip to Tunisia, to nagociate on a cocoa and gold business he wanted to invest in Tunisia, a week after he came back from Tunisia, he got an accident with my mother of which my mother died instantly but my father died five days after in a private hospital. On that faithful afternoon, I didnt know that my father was going to leave me after I had earlier lost my mother, but before he gave up the ghost, it was as if he knew he was going to die. He my father, (MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE) he called me to his bed side and told me that he deposited the sum of ($9,000.000.00) Nine Million,United State Dollars. in a bank in Cote D'Ivoire. That the money was meant for his cocoa and Gold business he wanted to establish in Tunisia, according to my father he deposited the money in a fixed suspense account using my name as the next of kin, He instructed me to seek for a reliable and trust worthy business partner for my life time investment abroad. Now I have succeeded in locating the deposit documents and the bank where this money is in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire. Due to political problem in our country I am Now seeking for your assistance to help me transfer this money out from this country Cote D'Ivoire to your account abroad so that we should invest it in any meaningful and lucrative business in your country because this is my only hope in life. I am willing to offer you 20% of the total fund if only you can help me out of my present predicame. I seek your assistance in the follwing ways: (1.) To provide a bank account where this money can be transfered into.(2.) To make arrangements for me to come over to your country after the successful transfering of this money into your account, to come and further my education.(3.) To help invest this money in a profitable business since I am only 22yrs of age and do not know much about business. (4) To sponsor me transfer this money into your account to help me pay for all the trasaction charges and for all the documents that will be needed from the bank and that is the reason why i promise to offer you 20% out of the total found.(5). I want you to promise me that you are not going to betray me after the money gets into your account. The worst part of it is that my uncle is trying to kill me over this money because I refused to hand him over the documents covering this money, He has sold all my father's landed properties including his cars which rightful belong to me and now he want me to hand over the banking document of my father in my possesion which I refused. Now he said that he will have this money by all means even if it means killing me, so because of this I ran away from our country Sierra-Leone i am now in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire were the money is deposit and hide in a hotel,pending when this money will be transfered so that I can leave the country for my safty Please reply me through this my privte email address for security resaons ( musaabudullah2009@yahoo.cn ) Thank's and God bless you. Yours sincerely, Musa Abdullah

Just thought I would pass this along..don't know if anyone else received a similar email.
Tom

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I got one too!
Here is my letter.
Hello Dustytuu

You received the following message from: musa (musasite2009@yahoo.com)

At: http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/

Dearest in Mind

It is my pleasure to write you after consideration, since I can not be able to see you face to face, at first, please I need your help. I am Musa Abdullah, the only Son of late Mr & Mrs Muhammed Abdullah, from Sierra-Leone (I am 22years of age.) My father was a liability Cocoa and Gold merchant in Sierra-Leone before his untimely death. After his business trip to Tunisia, to nagociate on a cocoa and gold business he wanted to invest in Tunisia, a week after he came back from Tunisia, he got an accident with my mother of which my mother died instantly but my father died five days after in a private hospital. On that faithful afternoon, I didnt know that my father was going to leave me after I had earlier lost my mother, but before he gave up the ghost, it was as if he knew he was going to die. He my father, (MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE) he called me to his bed side and told me that he deposited the sum of ($9,000.000.00) Nine Million,United State Dollars. in a bank i
n Cote D'Ivoire.

That the money was meant for his cocoa and Gold business he wanted to establish in Tunisia, according to my father he deposited the money in a fixed suspense account using my name as the next of kin, He instructed me to seek for a reliable and trust worthy business partner for my life time investment abroad. Now I have succeeded in locating the deposit documents and the bank where this money is in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire. Due to political problem in our country I am Now seeking for your assistance to help me transfer this money out from this country Cote D'Ivoire to your account abroad so that we should invest it in any meaningful and lucrative business in your country because this is my only hope in life. I am willing to offer you 20% of the total fund if only you can help me out of my present predicame.

I seek your assistance in the follwing ways:

(1.) To provide a bank account where this money can be transfered into.
(2.) To make arrangements for me to come over to your country after the successful transfering of this money into your account, to come and further my education.
(3.) To help invest this money in a profitable business since I am only 22yrs of age and do not know much about business.
(4) To sponsor me transfer this money into your account to help me pay for all the trasaction charges and for all the documents that will be needed from the bank and that is the reason why i promise to offer you 20% out of the total found.
(5). I want you to promise me that you are not going to betray me after the money gets into your account.

The worst part of it is that my uncle is trying to kill me over this money because I refused to hand him over the documents covering this money, He has sold all my father's landed properties including his cars which rightful belong to me and now he want me to hand over the banking document of my father in my possesion which I refused. Now he said that he will have this money by all means even if it means killing me, so because of this I ran away from our country Sierra-Leone i am now in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire were the money is deposit and hide in a hotel,pending when this money will be transfered so that I can leave the country for my safty Please reply me through this my privte email address for security resaons ( musaabudullah2009@yahoo.cn )

Thank's and God bless you.

Yours sincerely,
Musa Abdullah
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I knew it was spam or someone had hacked into our memberlist. I just wanted to FYI anyone just in case we have anyone who could possibly believe in this type of email. Have a Happy New Year to all. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #4
moc5er
Site Team

M.O.C. #4839
It appears that everyone on the MOC got this letter including myself.
moc5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Well I got one too but they didn't have to hack our member list. Musa (who or whatever that is) was listed as a new member yesterday or the day before. Actually listed their location as Nigeria. Now lets see-how many Big Skys can we get for our share of the money? :-)
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Good detective work CmdrDewey.

See there are 2 threads on this, SIGHHHHH

Happy New Year, she says with serious sarcasm sounding voice.

edit for typo
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Let the party begin!
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
When we filled out our profile, we weren't happy that the e-mail address was a required field. I figured we would be in for some spam. Welcome to the modern world of technology.
Happy New Year to all by the way.
Dick and Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:55 AM   #9
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
He didn't get all of us.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #10
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Tom the sad thing is people are still falling for this type of scams. We have won so much money we wasnt' able to find enough bank that could handle all our money, so we just had to delete the e-mails . GBY....

P.S. Musa is still a member???
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well Darn I did not get one, I get left out of everything.LOL,LOL,LOL. I did check and see that his membership is LOCKED. Thank You Admin.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #12
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Evidently I didn't meet his minimum standards. I didn't get one. Whew!!!!
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #13
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Thanks folks. We have locked the account in question. Thank you to Home on the Road. Unfortunately there is really not much that can be done in advance to stop this kind of thing. But we will always try to lock any such account as soon as we become aware of them.

Thank you all for your reports and have a great New Year!
RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ah, they must have looked at my bank account and didn't want me either..

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Me either....Ditto Adelmoll. This is one time it's nice to be left out.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Shucks! I'll just have to settle for reading yours.

Don't forget to FORWARD your spams to spam@uce.gov.

Actually you need to forward the "headers" that are embedded in the email. Depending on the email client you are using. the To: From: Subject are NOT the heading. PM me if you need help.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #17
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
You know, I wondered about that name and location when I first read the new member posting. I even mentioned it to George. Sorry you guys were targeted, we were spared, too.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #18
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Anyone with a computer can and will at sometime get these type of emails..I have recieved something like this more than once. But I never had recieved one from a forum. at least the adminstrater took care of this quickly. There are some people I guess that would fall for such scams. But being from Nigeria, should have been a tip off...I doubt if many montana's are being towed around over there!! And again, maybe the dude, being from Nigeria was only trying to raise $$$$ to buy some "loaded" underwear"!!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #19
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
He probably needs a new Tail Gunner for his 340RLQ...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #20
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
I was happy that he forgot me but received mine today. Yahoo knew exactly where to put it,in the Spam folder.

Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote