Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Floridariz
Established Member

M.O.C. #7401
Mountaineer Edition 319BHD

I am wondering how many out there have this same rig and what sort of mods and improvements you have made?

I noticed some of you have made the dining table twist around. Currently we just remove it before travel and stick it under the couch but I sure would rather rotate it. Has anyone tried it with the table in a dinette (as opposed to a free standing table)?

We also are having issues with the top drawer coming off the track and tilting forward and gouging the door in the bunkhouse. We had it fixed once but it is not holding...any thoughts before I just nail it shut?

One other issue, we are having a leak under the shower...there is a puddle on the outside, under the rig after certain showers (although not all of them...).

Is there any way to fit a washer dryer in this floorplan? (I am not sure I want one but if I did, could I fit it somewhere?)

What I LOVE about this rig...Door on the bedroom! The separate, totally PRIVATE bathroom (check avatar for reasons...). huge shower, nice kitchen, THE BUNKHOUSE WITH A DOOR, the big window over the dinette, the spaciousness.

Love my Montana!

Paula

Floridariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Paula,

on this page is the floor plan of your unit, by year and model, if I got it right.

according to this plan, you do not have ability to install washer/dryer.

http://keystone-mountaineer.com/index.html?page=detail&model=319BHD&year=2006

Also, go here for some pages of modifications done by members of the MOC:

http://www.montanaowners.com/ShowandTell.html

Good luck
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Gumby56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6290
Floridariz,

We have the 319BHS and had the same issue with the bunk drawer, as well as a couple of other drawers over time. The issue for us we was the wood frame that holds up the back of the drawer slides. The frame is held together with staples that loosen over time. I have used a couple of fixes. You can use braces or do a quickly fix by using wood screws.

Just take out the drawers and should be able to see issue.

I have not run into spinning the dinette or shower issue. I did replace the heating vents with vents that closed to even the heat out. It pushes the heat up to the front of the unit more effectively. We added a 12v outlet in the basement and have a Kooltron Cooler for things the boys like (keeps big and small boys out of the unit)!

Good luck. You can see by our Avatar that we love our unit for the same reasons that you do!
Gumby56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Floridariz
Established Member

M.O.C. #7401
Oh! Look at your cute boys!!! My how the years fly by...

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #5
Gumby56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6290
Floridariz,

I forgot the most important modification! If you have the same day night shades as we do the caps will fall out of the middle section and they will rip. I have drilled holes through the metal and the cap and installed screws. That is a trick I learned on the MOC! Good luck!
Gumby56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #6
Floridariz
Established Member

M.O.C. #7401
I am NOT so happy with those day night shades! I just KNOW someone is going to rip them. I need to go out there and to the rig and see what you mean about the cap and screws. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Our Family owns a 319 BHD – a very user friendly floor plan for us. I am the early riser in the family, and it’s nice not to wake up everyone in the process……. I have found that the Heating /AC is not very efferent in distribution, the front get all the air so ADJUSTABLE VENTS BOTH FLOOR and CELEING help.
Be very careful when opening the Living room slide as I have had the cabinet door under /left the TV – ripped off the hinges, as it came open in travel and I did not see this before it was too late.
The shelves in the panty have given me trouble, I have REINFORCED THEM . and YES the Bunk house drawers are a source of trouble.
We have had the normal shower stall leek, repaired by the dealer in the first week.
A DIGITAL THERMOSTAT is a must.
Over all we are satisfied owners, and have the MOC as a resource has been a real PLUS.
Enjoy your 5th wheel and stay tuned to MOC

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #8
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
We had the same shower leak. If you remove the access panel between the vanity and the shower ( small hands and a smaller screw driver needed) then turn on the shower you will probaly find that one of the water lines is loose on the bottom of the faucet. Not much working room but you can get it tight.
TOM F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #9
rv_nut
Established Member

M.O.C. #6485
Another common source for that leak is insufficient caulking inside the shower, in the corner, right behind the faucet. It seems like most Mountaineers with the side-aisle bathroom, have this defect. You want to make sure you find and fix the leak, since you don't know where else that water is going and what damage it is doing.

Ken
rv_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:49 AM   #10
Floridariz
Established Member

M.O.C. #7401
Thanks! We will check both those areas!

Merry Christmas, y'all! :-)
Old 07-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #11
zeus130
Established Member

M.O.C. #20183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby56 View Post
Floridariz,

We have the 319BHS and had the same issue with the bunk drawer, as well as a couple of other drawers over time. The issue for us we was the wood frame that holds up the back of the drawer slides. The frame is held together with staples that loosen over time. I have used a couple of fixes. You can use braces or do a quickly fix by using wood screws.

Just take out the drawers and should be able to see issue.

I have not run into spinning the dinette or shower issue. I did replace the heating vents with vents that closed to even the heat out. It pushes the heat up to the front of the unit more effectively. We added a 12v outlet in the basement and have a Kooltron Cooler for things the boys like (keeps big and small boys out of the unit)!

Good luck. You can see by our Avatar that we love our unit for the same reasons that you do!
Hello, can you please let me know how you took out the drawers in your bunkhouse? also having issues with bunkhouse main drawers. thanks.
zeus130 is offline   Reply With Quote