Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Destin RV Show

Out here on 98 at the east side of Destin is an RV show by 3 big dealers around the area. It is being held at the Bass Pro Shop. Looked at a bunch of units. Looked at a couple Big Skys, Montanas and an Alpine. Really got some wheels turning in my head!!

MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Sounds like you had way too much fun!

I like to go to RV shows, but most of the salesmen look at me, don't say anything, look around, then back at me, then ask where my husband is (I hate that). Last couple of times that happened, I looked around for a female by herself, then pointed to her and said to the salesman, "That's my partner, and she'll go along with anything I want to buy." Now I have his undivided attention (they're SO old-fashioned).
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Out here on 98 at the east side of Destin is an RV show by 3 big dealers around the area. It is being held at the Bass Pro Shop. Looked at a bunch of units. Looked at a couple Big Skys, Montanas and an Alpine. Really got some wheels turning in my head!!
I was there last Friday, a lots of units from the Montana "Family" Available...
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
MIMF...sounds like a fun time, keep us posted as to what direction those wheels end up turning.

Pat...that thinking is not just "old fashioned" it's just plain stupid. In order to be successful, really successful in sales one has to be able to identify the person that makes the "buying decisions" in the family and focus on their objections to the sale or the signal of acceptance. Experience taught me that when in doubt always bet on the fact that it will be the lady making the final decision. I am sure many of the guys here can accept that those are the odds.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #5
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
jpbcny, there were a few units from the Montana family there. But, what scared me was when Mrs. B walked into the Alpine and said several times that she really liked it. Good thing that is all she said because, I could have been in trouble!

Pat, I agree with what Darwin said.

Yesterday was also a good day because, later in the day, we did get a guided tour of Top Sail Hill by my brother-in-laws brother who, works as a maintenance man in the park. Did see a couple of Montanas. Especially, someone from Maine that had a blue Silverado. We were in the wife's merlot colored Murano and didn't have a chance to get out and say "howdy". Nice place. We will definitely be staying there, for sure!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Dale,

I am laughing so hard the blonde is shaking out of my hair.

I bet that would really destroy any negotiating advantage when your wife walks in and repeats in the presence of the salesman, "Honey, I really LIKE this camper! Wow! I REALLY like this camper!"

Darwin, the next time I may tell the salesman that my "husband" is in the Georgia State Prison...
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Well Pat, when there is something she wants to buy, she's the negotiator! She's the "corporate secretary/treasurer" in this partnership. When it comes to purchasing big ticket items, she has at least 50% of the say! And usually, when it comes to buying something expensive, she already knows how it is being paid for. I ain't ashamed to say it and I have said it a zillion times before, if it weren't for this woman.......I wouldn't have a pot to p** in!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
I was there last Friday looking for the 3582rl, But not luck..Enjoy the drive thro....it was a lovely day.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patbarton

Dale,

I am laughing so hard the blonde is shaking out of my hair.

I bet that would really destroy any negotiating advantage when your wife walks in and repeats in the presence of the salesman, "Honey, I really LIKE this camper! Wow! I REALLY like this camper!"

Darwin, the next time I may tell the salesman that my "husband" is in the Georgia State Prison...
Ha! That happened to me. When we were looking at our trailer my wife was gushing "I love everything about this trailer! This is the one I want!" There goes my negotiating power! I just buy whatever she tells me to!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
When we bought this one she didn't want a new rv but I did. On the way home she called the dd and told her we found one I really, really like very much. I new I had her at that point!!! and BTW Dale like you I new I would get it because like I tell everyone "Shes the brains of the outfit". I found out yrs ago that its alot easyer to just go along with the Boss HeHeHe.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #11
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Bobby, you are absolutely right! Like the old saying goes, "Ain't no body happy 'til the wife is happy!" Or, "Happy spouse, happy house!" But really, someday she will be ready for a new unit and that is when we will begin to shop. And, as I said before, she will know where the money is coming from before I do and then will explain it to me. So far, since our wedding in March of 1975, she has hit everything about dead-center!!

Holy crap!! I have something to do in the next couple weeks! The 29th to be exact!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patbarton

Sounds like you had way too much fun!

I like to go to RV shows, but most of the salesmen look at me, don't say anything, look around, then back at me, then ask where my husband is (I hate that). Last couple of times that happened, I looked around for a female by herself, then pointed to her and said to the salesman, "That's my partner, and she'll go along with anything I want to buy." Now I have his undivided attention (they're SO old-fashioned).
that happens to us also.Helen buys the cars with her money. I will let the salesman talk to me as long as they wish then advise them that Helen is buying the car and i am along because i had nothing else to do.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
My dw does the looking and the selecting, HOWEVER, I do not let her say anything in front of the sheister. We always discuss when he/she is not present. This practice has been good to the wallett in the past. I tell her if she says anything to say something bad. I always I feel I have a hand up then.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote