Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Warranty update

Well, I just got off the phone with Greeneway RV in Wisconsin Rapids. They are the dealer we purchased the Big Sky from. At the moment half of the list is complete, they are just waiting on the additional parts to arrive. The counter will be the longest wait but they authorized a direct shipment from the manufacturer. The slide floor repair will be finished this week. the instructions from Keystone technical are to remove furniture from slide, remove carpet, and overlay the floor with plywood. They are going one step further and using a layer of Gorilla Glue between the old floor and the new overlay. They have remounted all the lambrins (fake curtains) whose screws were all stripped during install at factory. Most of the D/N shade "bobbins" are being remounted also. Still waiting on the couch light fixture and DVD player. The trim beside the entrance door that bowed out because it was too long and when we were in the damp weather in Georgia it popped most of the brads out when it bowed out has been trimmed to fit properly. Keystone had taught them how to repair the drawer slides on the big drawer on the couch but after several came right back the same way they decided to just replace the slides. The drawer likes to come flying out to maximum extension when going down the road. Then after a few bumps on the road it would twist the slides apart. I cut down a 12 inch piece of 4x6 diagonally to make two large wedges that I shove under the drawer front so it won't slide out during travel. So as it stands at the moment it will be another week or so till we get it back (optimistic aren't I). But I will be on the phone to them twice a week till I get it back and if need be I will give Brandon a call to light a fire under the shipping dept.. Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Counter should be here in 10 days.. yeah right..
Old 06-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Just a note:

We had our 08 Montana at Greenway's for 7 weeks for similar problems like yours. I have it home now & re-fixing some of the problems they didn't know how to fix! I won't take it back, uless there is a major part that's under warranty.

This Montana is the 3rd new unit I bought from them in 4 years. Never any problems in the past. A lot of new help there is the problem.
I don't want you to think your going to have problems.

Good luck,

Lambchop
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Did they say ten CONSECUTIVE days or just ten days? (Sorry, living in Naples, Italy has made me always ask for that clarification with people who give me the "it will be here, done, over in xyz days" as it is the land of "dopo domani" (after tomorrow)!)

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
In Spain it was always: manana, we always had to ask ?Qual manana. Manana is tomorrow, of course and qual means which?
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
exav8tr, what is spanish for 6 weeks? That is what I got today on the weekly update. I told them if they couldn't get it sooner then to forget it and get the rest of the list done and we would try again in the fall in Ga.. They also said that Keystone was getting ready to shut down for two weeks and I exploded, I will be on the phone as soon as I get off here, time to scream at Team Montana again. Just when you think they have a handle on things they pull this. I also told them I am picking the rig up on the 10th of July regardless. What ain't done will stay that way for now, and the big vinyl lemons I had made during the black tank fiasco will go on for the rally.. Dave
Old 06-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Just got off the phone with Greeneway, the word is maybe 2 weeks, it in production but has to go to Keystone first for QA inspection and then shipping. Thats great but Keystone shut down last week for 2 weeks for inventory so nothing gets shipped till after the 4th when they come back to work. Oh Well... Dave