Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Vote here for the toaster oven. I have a VERY VERY old one, it is smaller than it's 2008 born cousins, but, we love it. We used to tote a regular toaster and the toaster oven, but the toaster, also being rather old, would not toast bagels. So, in one of those flashes of semi-brilliance, we thought?? toaster oven, bagels, hmmmmm. DUHHHH. It works great on bagels in the toaster mode. We now tote ONLY the toaster oven, the toaster lost that battle.

Now, mine was pre microwave days, so, does not do the convection stuff. Pretty small for baking, but it could.

If this old thing ever gives out, I will be shopping the next day for a new one.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #22
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
My toaster oven has the convection in it too. Love that little oven. We also got rid of the toaster. This oven does everything.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #23
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hey everyone-IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used if the night before last. I had to turn off the turntable as the pan was too big and kept getting stuck and the casserole burned a little bit on the back right side. However, that just means that I need to use another casserole dish and I brought plenty of them. Thanks for the recipes anyway. They sound Yummy!!!!!!!!!
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #24
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
Betsy,

How do you turn off the turntable? Did they replace your Apollo with another brand? Or did they fix it?

Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #25
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Sharon-We have a Dometic in ours, not an Apollo. There is a button on the front of ours that turns off the turntable. We had a Dometic and they replaced it with another one just like it. I made biscuits in it tonight and they were delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. LOVE YOUR LABS!!!!!!!!!
Bathed both of ours today and yesterday and for awhile the chocolate was not speaking to either of us. When Betsy
Old 04-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #26
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
I found this recipe while I was still ovenless but didn't try it our til the other night and cooked it in the convection oven. It is called:
Pizza In A Pot and it is yummy. (It makes a lot but you can either freeze the remainder or cut back).
O.K., here goes:
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
(I added a small box of fresh mushrooms and a clove of garlic)
1 can (15 ounces)pizza sauce
1 jar (14 ounces) tomato paste (I used the one with the Italian herbs in it)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded,part-skim mozzarella cheese
In skillet, cook beef, green pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste; mix well.
In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
I layered mine in a casserole dish, starting with half the pasta, half the meat mixture and half the cheese and then made another layer and cooked it in the convection oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Betsy
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #27
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Betsy,

That sounds good...with putting it in the slow cooker I think I would under cook the pasta...might even experiment with not cooking the pasta and adding a bit more liquid. (I don't like mushy pasta.)

Now I HAVE to buy a slow cooker for the 5th wheel! WHOOHOO!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #28
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
Robin,

I can't live without mine! I set it up in the morning, am gone all day sight seeing and playing tourist, then it's home to a hot and nutritious meal.

Jamacian Pork

2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1" cubes
4 med sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered (no smaller!)
2 medium onions, peeled & quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup jerk seasoning-mild or
1/4 cup jerk seasoning, 2 tlbs sweetener, 1 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
1 can coconut milk or 8 oz apple juice or 8 oz sherry
1/2 lb frozen peas
1 gallon zip bag
1 crock pot liner

Line pot. Place seasoning/seasoning & spices in zip bag. Add pork, seal and toss to coat meat. Place onions in bottom of crock. Add meat then garlic. Pour liquid over meat. Add potatoes. Cover and cook, on low, 6 hours. After 5 hours, add frozen peas and cook for remaining hour.

Since this meal is all carbs and protein, serve with a steamed green vegetable and a salad.
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #29
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Lisa,

This sounds awesome. I LOVE recipes with coconut milk...got "addicted" when in Bahrain and started eating a lot of Indian food. (There is a large concentration of Indian expats in Bahrain so there are a lot of Indian restaurants.) Thanks for the contribution, I will be adding this to the RV recipe box.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote