Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Billings, Montana

We will be at the KOA in Billings, MT until July 30 site 60. If in the area please stop by.

JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
John and Marge,

You must have heard my ole squeaky brain trying to think, I was wondering just a few hours ago, where are John and Marge??? NO, I am not kidding, I really was. And, now, here you are!

Is it hot there like the rest of the USA???

We are heading home tomorrow, bout a month on the road in Minnesota and Iowa. Next time through here I would like to see more than cemeteries and libraries, and I know Al agrees! HA HA. Seriously, we have had a good time and have enjoyed the communities we have visited. NICE people and NEAT and ORDERLY homes, gardens, lawns, beautiful gardens.

Anyway, glad to hear from you two!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #3
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Well Carol, I know that I haven't done a great job on keeping everyone informed on where we have been!!!!!!! But lets face it when you have no computer, no cell phone, and have to wait for the honey wagon to come dump your tanks. You know that we are not in the hub of the world. HA HA.

And it was so hot here in Billings today it was not far from the hundred mark today.

We were glad to hear that you had a good time in MN & Iowa, but you do need to return when work is not involved. It is what you call R & R.

It was great to hear from you! Take care
Old 07-28-2005, 02:30 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Enjoy your stay. It is kinda fun to stay at the 1st KOA in the world. We were there about a month ago and enjoyed it but when they told us their rates were going up to $51 per day we wrote them off our favorites for the future.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
It is a nice KOA and we were really shocked at the rate. Even with the the gold card it is still high. If we come back to the area we will stay at the Yellowstone campground just down the road. But it is not just this KOA we have noticed that a lot of them have raised rates. We have been full timing since last Sept. and have really enjoyed it. I hope that you will enjoy your new adventures as we have. Safe travels Marge
Old 07-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
John and Marge,

When we left Cedar Falls Iowa on Sunday (the 24th), running through Illinois and into Indiana the truck thermometer hit 105 for the high! It was horrible hot and humid and pure miserable.

R&R, shoot, I forgot that part! HA HA, Just kidding, we did do some, but this trip was a working trip, and rather successful.

Now, Rio Grande in Jan, Feb, March, that is R & R for me!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Stayed at the 1st KOA some 10 years ago and I think the rate was $32. Great place but GEEEEEESE now $51.00US. Seems the KOA rates are moving up fast or is that consistant with most. In Canada rates seem to be moving up tooo but a high rate might be $28 to $32 Canadian!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
John,
It was a pleasure to meet you at the Berrypatch Campground, Rapid City, SD. I hope you enjoy the forum you are headed for.

I have to hand around Rapid City (except for Sturgis Week) until the end of September. Then back to Omaha to begin closing out our apartment.

I retire (hopefully for the last time) on October 31 with over 43 years of government service. I reckon that's enough.

See ya down the road.

Brad
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #9
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Increased rates in this part of the country might be due to the fact that Sturgis Bike Week is beginning 'officially' on Sun 10/7, and a lot of bikers come early. That shouldn't affect prices in Billings, however, as it's more than a days' drive away (at least for me).

I'm at Hart Ranch in Rapid City until the end of August, except for FMCA week in Minot, ND. lasater, Come by for a visit!

Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote