Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
DirectTV Comes Through

Got one of those "upgrade" calls from DirectTV today. I almost cut her off short but this one sounded different. I made her repeat it 3 times and then I repeated the offer at least that many times to make sure I was hearing her right.

For less than $4.00 a month they added all the premium movie channels plus the NFL Channel. It only lasts for 3 months and then you have to cancel or the price goes way up. But who cares, as long as you don't forget to cancel it was a really good deal. I was thrilled!

Old 10-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
I called Directv this week to change out an autopay credit card and they are knocking off $10 from our bill for the next six months for being a loyal customer. Two years ago, they gave us a choice of either HBO or Showtime for 12 months for free for having been a customer for 10years.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
I just got $10 off my bill for the next 12 months.. They must of felt sorry for this beat up old Steamfitter.. They came out and replaced my LNB on the trailer dish.. Also put new ends on all my cables outside and the 2 on the exterior connections.. It seems I got a little water in the connection by the dish and it arced out in the barrel connector..
Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 AM   #4
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Ah, good Directv or getting ready to go to AT&T?
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Talked with the Direct TV Rep about 2 weeks ago and ask if I was eligible for anything. She said she would give us $20.00 off a month on our bill for 1 year. Sweet!

Than she really shocked me...said we were eligible for a FREE upgrade on our system to the new Genie which includes the wireless receivers for second TV's. SCORE!! Now we can get Sat. TV in the bedroom or outside if we wish too. Pays to call them now and then and see what you are eligible for!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We got one of those movie deals from DirecTV several years ago. All you had to do was cancel at the end of three months. At the end of the three months we called customer service. They didn't have the authority to cancel and transferred us to another department. That department employed high pressure telemarketer types who tried to convince us that civilization as we know it would come to an end if we cancelled. When we insisted on cancelling we had to be transferred to a supervisor who again tried to shame us into not cancelling. We then had to be transferred to someone in the billing department who conducted an inquisition to get our correct information for cancelling.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:19 AM   #7
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
I signed up for Direct TV a few years ago. Took copious notes...wrote everything down. When I got off the phone, I went through my notes in great detail. There were so many changes, stuff good for three months, then changed, stuff good for six months then changed and stuff good for a year...then changed. I called up the next day and cancelled the whole thing...and was subjected to the same harassment that DonandBonnie were.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
We have had Directv for 17+ years, and we have upgraded our package two or three times, they offer that "free" stuff and my replied each time is that if they can't make it last for the term of the agreement, then don't bother. They upgrade their equipment occasionally (at maybe about two or three years) and over the years they have made several service calls at no additional charge. We now have two 42" HD with one DVR in the Stick. We take a receiver to the Montana when traveling. We switch to our Winter/Summer Residence when staying put for awhile. We typically are at least one equipment upgrade behind the curve. Who knows, we may we are missing the boat by not switching to Dish.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Glad some of you had good experiences with Direct TV. Our experience was horrible and we will NEVER do business with them again
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #10
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Talked with the Direct TV Rep about 2 weeks ago and ask if I was eligible for anything. She said she would give us $20.00 off a month on our bill for 1 year. Sweet!

Than she really shocked me...said we were eligible for a FREE upgrade on our system to the new Genie which includes the wireless receivers for second TV's. SCORE!! Now we can get Sat. TV in the bedroom or outside if we wish too. Pays to call them now and then and see what you are eligible for!
Scott, do you have the "insurance" built into your package? We called them last year and asked for a free DVR upgrade because the one they gave us with our original install at the stick&bricks about 5 years ago was old and used when we got it then. They said we didn't have the insurance, or replacement plan so it would cost us $300.00!

Maybe it is time to try them again when this NFL ticket runs out. Obviously the NFL package isn't doing me any good this year since I can't stand to watch the Bears get whipped!
Old 12-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Joe, Sorry about not replying earlier. Yes we have the Protection Plan. I don't remember all what it does. I know it gives us several visits by their techs each year which comes in handy when we can't use our roof dish due to trees and have to set up our ground dish. They can aim it a lot faster then I can.

Sorry about your Bears....If you what to come over from the "Dark Side" I have a spare Cheese Head Hat!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote