Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
fernsco
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8144
DVD Replacement

Our DVD player is not working properly. The DVDs will load and may or may not play for a minute or so. Tried many different ones. Our rig is still under warranty. Should I remove the DVD player and take it back to the dealer or how would you recommend handling this? Thanks in advance.........

Scott

fernsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Scott,

Welcome to the forum. It's pretty common for these to fail. If your Dealer is willing, a carryout exchange would be ideal.

Keep in mind, the unit is only worth about $49 and given the track record most have, it will fail again. Something to consider as you consume your fuel driving to the Dealer for resolve. Money better spent might be a trip to Wal Mart for a better brand.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Scott,
Welcome!
I was out shopping around and saw the Sony STR-DG520 home theater systems. I said to myself at the time that if anything happened to my present $49 system I would seriously consider the DG520. All I use mine for is surround sound anyhow. I bought a Sony Blue Ray DVD player and use it for all movies anyhow. Sony may be a little pricey, but they sure do make a good product. The DG520 lists for $199 AND IS 5 Channel. The also make a 2 Channel for $149. There are tons of other brands that are cheaper and some more expensive. All depends on your choice.

If you are under warranty, I'd have it replaced by the dealer, then throw it in the closet for the kids (grandkids) or pets to use.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Scott, I pulled mine out 8 months ago and installed a Yamaha, 7.1 surround sound audio receiver with Sony speakers and subwoofer and a Samsung, Upconvert DVD player that turns everything into 10801, I didn't wait for the $49.00 piece of sophisticated equipment to fail. I also replaced 26" TV with a 32" HD LCD TV from HP. I love our system now. Yamaha was a little pricey but I have had good luck with them in the past. Save yourself some grief and upgrade now, perhaps the dealer/Keystone would allow you some value for the broken one. I agree with Brad about driving back and forth to the dealer each time it breaks.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
fernsco
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8144
Thanks to all. I guess the DVD will be the first thing to replace followed by the tires from what I have been reading!
fernsco is offline   Reply With Quote