Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Drape Brackets

I'm not sure how to describe them, but on the bottom of most drapes on the Monty is a bracket, sometimes metal and sometimes plastic that hold the bottom of the drapes in place. Does anybody know where to obtain replacements?

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dealers can most likely order these for you, a Montana or Keystone dealer. Probably a vendor, but do not know that.

Many MOCers do without, or leave a broken one in there to hold the shape, but not attached to wall.

Some of us do with NO drapes at all.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
This post taken from another thread - Thank Trailer Trash 2:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

If you are looking for the curtain brackets here is some info for you.
They used to make plastic, but that was replaced with metal.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
I removed all of those brackets and let the curtains hang. Looks good that way to me. I put them all in box and stored the brackets, so if we ever sell or trade they can be replaced. You can't even tell we are not using them. Just my opinion.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RKassl

I'm not sure how to describe them, but on the bottom of most drapes on the Monty is a bracket, sometimes metal and sometimes plastic that hold the bottom of the drapes in place. Does anybody know where to obtain replacements?

Thanks
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:34 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have decided to basically do the same thing with our rig. Most of the bracket screws were put in with a drill driver and way over tightened and stripped, along with most of the D/N shade string anchors. I have extra holes on all but two windows from the bracket screws being stripped out, some twice. The drapes look fine lose... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:20 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Some of ours were improperly positioned so that they caused the drapes to be to tight placing undue strss on them due to bouncing up and down while traveling thereby causing the stiching alog the bottom of the drape to come unraveled and a couple of the brackets just fell off because the holes were stripped because they were improperly positioned causing undue stress.Just another 'RV thing"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Regarding overtightening and stripping...considering there is only a thin layer of a decorative plywood on the inside, there is not much available to hold any screws around the windows for the long term.
You'll notice in your stick homes, all the window treatments (or most of them) are mounted in an area where there is something behind the surface they're being mounted on. You can tighten those right down and they don't give.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
turley
Established Member

M.O.C. #8163
my local dealer had to order my medal ones from keystone..
turley is offline   Reply With Quote