Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
St. Andrews State Park

We are at St. Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach Fla. We will be hosting here for the next two months. We have done this here for the past four years. Look us up if anyone comes to the park, we are in Lot 1.

rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Looks like we will miss you again. Our reservations are for May. We will be staying in site 110, I believe. That is our favorite area. Our daughter will be flying in from Colorado to spend the week with us there.

Wish we could cross paths sometime. Back when we were tent camping we used to see some of the same people at St. Andrews from year to year. We have some very pleasant memories.

It will be five years ago this May that we bought our Montana from RV Connections in Panama City, and spent our first night at St. Andrews.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
David and Brenda,
We will see you there and have a mini rally. We arrive April 23rd site 108.
This will be our first trip to St Andrews so I expect a guided tour.
We will be at TopSail 20th through 22nd.
Send me some pictures of 108 if possible. Would like to know what I am getting into.
Also - do they have WiFi there? And hows the Television reception. Do I need to bring my Satelite?
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:46 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
OK, I'll intrude here again as I have experience that relates to your questions.

-> Site 108 is one of the nicest in the park in my opinion, along with it's neighbor 110. I'll drop by later with a photo if I can find it.

-> We were able to get a very weak WIFI signal (cost about $4 per day) on the waterfront site such as 108. Less successful on an inside site. It is not a good situation, but beats no connection at all.

-> We did use the sattelyte to good advantage.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
OK. Here are some views of St. Andrews State Park near Panama City, Florida:

http://dwilliamson.com/StA/StA.html

Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Thanks Dave those are great pictures. UMMMM can't wait.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Phil, David's pictures are very nice. The greenery has been burned back at this time and has not grown back at this time. It will be better by the time you get here. You will have a nice lot on the water, we enjoy this park very much. It is the first park we visited when I retired and started fulltiming.
We look forward to meeting you, Topsail is more manicured than St. Andrews, this park is more natural. They do not have wifi in the park, you get a weak signal sometime from a motel across the Bay. I have a wireless card, TV reception is not bad. The beach here is hard to beat, nice place to ride bikes, see wildlife, fish, sunbath, and relax.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #8
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Fishing Report.

The Spanish Mackerel are running and the fishing is great for all those fisherman. This is one of the reasons I like this park. I have had fresh fish several times and have put quite a lot in the freezer. If you like to fish, try St. Andrews S.P.

There are several Montana's in the park, are any MOC'ers inside?
Old 03-30-2007, 03:41 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
It's getting closer! That is our visit to St. Andrews. Our dates are May 7-May 14. We are not fishermen, but just enjoy the beach and the relaxation in the campground.

We spent our very first night in our Montana there in the same site exactly five years ago this May.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:46 AM   #10
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
David, got my fishing pole and can of worms packed. Will be there Apr 23 so leave me some fish to catch.