Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Tire Rotation Pattern With Spare

Because of a slow leak situation, I'm running with a spare right now. Since all my tires are relatively new, it occurs to me that rotating the spare into a regular rotation program could get me some more miles out of my five tires and keep all five tires the same.

Does anybody do this?

Can anybody suggest an appropriate pattern?

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
My spare is a steel wheel ... would look odd with the 3 other aluminum wheels. R&R spare tire to aluminum wheel ... $$$$
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Slufoot733
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9928
I leave my spare as a spare (but check it periodically). As for a pattern for rotation, I use the same as on my cars. The two in front move straight back. The two rear tires are moved forward AND to the opposite side. By continuing this pattern all tires eventually see each position and their rotation directions are reversed every now and then. Some folks will disagree with this stating that radial tires should never be run in reverse of what they originally ran but I have communicated with tire manufacturers and they all tell me "it doesn't matter which direction they turn unless they are designed as a directional rotation tire".
Slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Slufoot733

I leave my spare as a spare (but check it periodically). As for a pattern for rotation, I use the same as on my cars. The two in front move straight back. The two rear tires are moved forward AND to the opposite side. By continuing this pattern all tires eventually see each position and their rotation directions are reversed every now and then. Some folks will disagree with this stating that radial tires should never be run in reverse of what they originally ran but I have communicated with tire manufacturers and they all tell me "it doesn't matter which direction they turn unless they are designed as a directional rotation tire".
What about the other two tires???????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
2 + 2 = 4 ... carry the 1 and bring down the 5 multiply by .25 leaves .... awww heck I can only find 4 tires on the ground and one spare no matter how I cut it.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote