Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Air Conditioner condensate

I used my air conditioner today. Was outside for a while, came back in, and floor was soaking wet. I had the fan on high, and it was sucking water from condensate pan into the fan spilling all over the living room. My AC is mounted just where the roof starts sloping down..towards the rear of the unit. I have been running the fan on low for now..and seems to be fine. Is that an on going problem with RV's or unique to mine? I did check the drains and they are open. Next time, I will lower the front end more.

Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Need a little more info. 5w?,TT?, Make or Model, outside temp?
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It sounds like maybe a clogged condensate line, could be a level issue, but I would think it would have to be really off for that to happen. On low, sometimes the condensate crystallizes on the coils, not running down the fins, as the temp's are so cold on the evaporator face.
Go on the roof and see if it's running on it at all. (caveat, it is really hard to diagnose on the INTERNET without boots on the ground, and eyes on the scene...)
Good luck.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Some early models, had this overflow problem. It was a error in engineering, A/C mounted on roof in area with too much slope, had those low profile units. Fix was to replace the pan with one that was a different configuration or the A/C low profile unit itself with a regular profile one.

Again Montana Rog, what year unit do you have?? Then re-read Ozz's post!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
I have the 3670RL and it is a 2003 model. The compressor is running. I took it apart and saw it overflowing while running..and saw the water getting pulled into the fan. I think I need to be more careful on my level front to back. The temp outside was 85 degrees, humidity fairly moist. It cooled good enough..just all that water. Wife not happy..
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Seems to me that you might have the low profile unit? Our unit is a very early 2004 and we had the low profile. Ours did fine for 18 months, then one afternoon it did the overflow thingy, we thought one of the yorks had gone potty right in the middle of the unit, Al was cleaning up the "mark" when the A/C put out some more "mark" and it spilled cold water all on his back! We were so proud of the yorks!

Could have been that we were nose high, I honestly do not remember. The A/C was replaced by the service center, but there was some fix where they replaced the drip pan.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
There was a recall modification to correct this problem on some A/C units. Check with your dealer or call the company who made your A/C. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote