Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
misson tire warrenty

I researched here on MOC and found the US distributor and their phone number. Tireco.com 1-800-227-8925. I called them to say I had noticed a small indentation in each of my 4 tires (2 years old next Nov). The indentation is about as long as my finger, half as deep and appears on the sidewall. Tireco is sending me out 4 replacements (since Mission is OEM only, they are sending Loadstar, another Chineese tire). Tireco was great to deal with. They had photos from another user of this indentation-deformity. I will have to pay to have mounted and balanced ($12 each). I am having the 4 tires shipped directly to a local tire place that has the room and experience to work on RV trailer tires.

So Tireco is great. My 5 year tire replacement cycle countdown gets to start over, and I am avoiding a roadside breakdown.

I know the Loadstar had a recall in June. That I hope works to my favor as my new tires hopefully won't be in the recalled production runs.

genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Got repalcement tires installed Friday. quick and easy. I even backed into the site for the service. Never unhitched. They used hydraulic lifts and looked like they properly packed those jacks under the springs, not on the axle. Raised just enough to clear the ground. I was concerned the axle would get bent. They seemed to know what they were doing. I torqued the wheels this morning.

What I actually received were Free Star branded tires that are also distributed by Tireco.com. Can you give me any feedback on those?

Total cost to mount, balance and dispose old tires was $56.

Gene
Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great!! Glad things worked out so nicely for you.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Still waiting on my warranty claim from TireCo. Submitted in late June. They told me to replace all 4, which I did and send them the receipt, which I did, still waiting for reimb ursement....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
Firefighter Ret.

M.O.C. #7604
Tireco never returned any of my numerous calls. I finally replaced the tires at my own expense. Next unit will not become mine if it carries Chinese tires. Have had good luck with Japanese tires but glad your situation worked out.
Firefighter Ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Very sorry to hear of Firefighter and others troubles with Tireco. Man, I must be very lucky in this.

Safe tires are a necessity. Good luck to all.
Gene