Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Bedroom Slider Adjustment

Has anyone ever attempted to make any adjustment to the bedroom slider to obtain a better seal when it is in the closed position. I realize that I need to get under the bed, just wondering what is involved.

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
You might want to ask MIMF about that. Maybe send him a PM? He knows more about the slides that anyone else I could think of. Take Care.
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I can adjust the other slides but the bedroom slide is beyond me. I've had that plywood up from under the bed but didn't notice any way to adjust the slide. Surely there's a way. By the way, under that plywood is more room for storage. I cut the plywood in half and added a handle on each half. This was based on a mod by Ozz.

If you find out how to adjust that slide, please tell the rest of us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I can adjust the other slides but the bedroom slide is beyond me. I've had that plywood up from under the bed but didn't notice any way to adjust the slide. Surely there's a way. By the way, under that plywood is more room for storage. I cut the plywood in half and added a handle on each half. This was based on a mod by Ozz.

If you find out how to adjust that slide, please tell the rest of us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I adjusted mine with good results. Danger you can do damage with that hydraulic cylinder. Adjust a little at a time and check results after each little change. Be Careful!
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
And just what did you see and how did you make the adjustment is what I would like to know.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I posted a couple of these photos a while back on a modification I made to the seal on the bottom of the slideout. Although not the best, it gives you an idea of whats under there. Basically an angle plate fastened to the slideout floor thats directly under the head of the bed with the cylinder rod attached in the middle. You can loosen or tighten the cylinder via the locknuts which will increase or decrease the seal compression on the slideout. If your slide is skewed, you can place washers behind the appropriate side of the angle plate. Word of caution!!! A little adjustment goes a long way!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:53 AM   #8
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I had to do repairs and adjustments on mine. On the shaft shown there are 4 bolts(two for locking. One pair adjust outward and the other pair adjust inward to the closing seals. Easy to adjust and easy to bust the slide if you do too much. There is a normal 2-3 inch gap between the bolt pairs. Be careful.

There are 4 adjustment bolts on the back plate that allow you to raise/lower and level the slide. I used some wood blocks and a hydraulic jack to assist in leveling.

Oh you will have to remove most of the top bedding wood to get at the adjustments.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote