Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Awning & wind

Just sold my TT and was cleaning it up. Had the awning out drying when guess what? Thunder storm hits quick. Went out of house to lower awning and guess what? You get the picture. The awning is lying up on the roof. Looks like the inner arm on one of the supports came out allowing that side to blow up on the roof. Tube looks ok but other arm is twisted a little bit where it is bolted on the tt. Noticed one screw is pulling away a little causing some tension on the arm. Can't work on it now, as it is still storming and dark. Will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Anybody have any hints as to what I should expect when daylight hits? I am sure that this has never happened to any of y'all, but hypothetically, if it has, what should I be hoping to find. Also, if I should happen to need a new support arm, where is the best place to purchase one.

(Bad thing is, DW told me to put awning up earlier and I told her that it needed to dry a little longer. Can anyone say "DOG HOUSE"?) Gotta get it fixed before buyer comes to pic up next week. When it rains, it pours (no pun intended). LOL (gotta laugh to keep from crying).

Thanks in advance.

chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote