Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Memphis to Branson, Mo

Were traveling these points in July. Anyone have any comments good or bad on 55 to 63 to 14 west with a stopover in Mt. View, then 5 through Mt Home and then westward to Branson, Mo.
Wondering if the roads are windy, steep hills and valleys, or a nice scenic country drive. My sig tells the rig

thanks

jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Jerry and Karen, it was hilly coming in from the south, but you'll do fine with that big Ford truck.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #3
Montana_5701
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5701
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jpf

Were traveling these points in July. Anyone have any comments good or bad on 55 to 63 to 14 west with a stopover in Mt. View, then 5 through Mt Home and then westward to Branson, Mo.
Wondering if the roads are windy, steep hills and valleys, or a nice scenic country drive. My sig tells the rig

thanks
.................................................. ...................
Yes, the roads through M. View are very windy. If you wish for a safer scenic drive I would take I-40 through Little Rock to Conway, AR then North on 65 to Branson. After passing Greenbrier the scenery is very nice especially after passing Clinton, AR and near the Buffalo River.
Montana_5701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jpf

thanks
Yes, and they are narrow, secondary roads and may not have much, if any, shoulder in places. Most of the secondary roads in AR, and MO, for that matter, are like that. You probably won't have any problem though. The road immediately north of Bull Shoals Lake [Mo side], along the lake, to Branson is not one I will take again with a trailor.
There are a lot of campgrounds in Mt. View, we stay at one right next door to the Ozark Folk Center, it's in walking distance of the auditorium.
You will take 5 N. out of Mt. View to Mt. Home. There is a nice CoE campground [Quarry Park, at the base of the Norfork Dam, on the river] just out of Salesville, about 11 miles before getting to Mt. Home, it's across the street from the fish hatchery. We go there quite frequently [via 65]. Bull Shoals/White River State Park is reservations only, and is usually full all the time. There are a lot of places to stay in the area.
You're better advised to take 412 W. out of Mt. Home towards Russelville, then N. on 65 to Branson.

Skip

PS, we live in AR.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote