Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Peculiar MO RV park No No No

We just got back from a two week vacation in MO. We had made 2 day reservation 3 months in advance for the Peculiar MO RV Park and reservations for every RV park we stayed in. I checked with Peculiar RV park, on our reservations every month for full hook up and etc. They assured us it was there. We also called them before we left CO. They again assured us of our full hook up sight. We called them when we were 15 minutes from their RV park and this gentleman said they had rented our reserved site. He said we could still park our Monty there with no hook up, no electric, no sewer, no water but we would have to pay full price as full hook up. (suspect that he is not giving the 10% "Good Sam" discount) after being on the road all day we had to drive another 40 miles to a place we had stayed before and they had room for us. A very nice park I would recommend called "Cozy Corner" near Clinton, MO. We wanted to stay in Peculiar because I have a cousin living near there. I did see him he drove to Clinton, MO and visited us.
I heard there was a NASCAR thing going on in Kansas City and places were full around there but I feel they should have saved our reservations since I had checked with them and they knew we were coming.

Sorry I had wrong name for Clinton MO.park. Very nice park. Called Cozy Corner. So I had to edit this.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I must say that that RV Park will not be on our list if we ever are in their area.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Could the name and the service be connected? It is on my Do No Go list. Thanks as we will be hitting MO in our travels as I have lots of relatives in the area.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
There are a lot of good campgrounds in MO. We stayed at a campground between WillowSprings and Mt. View, MO. Called Mountain Springs. Closer to WillowSprings on highway 60. People who own it are very nice and helpful. Cost is cheap. Cost us $75 dollars for 7 days. Full hook up. I think it is $13.50 with a Good Sams card per night. Water there is very good well water!

We stayed at Ozark MO. too. Campground offers little except full hookup and a little grass in front of your door. It is acceptable. Called Ozark RV park.

Stayed at Missouri RV park in Mountain Grove, MO. No one full time to really take care of the park. Of course it is the off season. We couldn't get anyone to cut the over 12 inch grass on our site so I bought a grass trimmer and cut it myself. The park is acceptable. I think they have showers, laundry room available too. The only one there in Mt. Grove so we stayed there.
I have a smaller grass trimmer at home, so that is one thing that is going in the basement when we travel.

Excellent park in Clinton, MO. We love this park. Beautiful area and very clean park. Level spots too. Called Cozy Corner. A Good Sam park. We have stayed here several times.

Very nice park in Salina, KS. KOA. They also have Wi-Fi. and cable. Level spots too. I think it was called Salina Koa. Very nice people running this RV park.

Also stayed in Oakley, KS. That park is nice too.
The Wi-Fi was out due to a storm. Nice level spots. You don't need to unhook if staying one night, because sites are long. They have laundry, showers, library and more.

I have lots of relatives and friends, in MO.
Dusty

Old 10-24-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks Dusty, these will all go in my referred campground database.
I also have a lot of relatives in Kansas (where I was born) so will be in that area as well. Have you been to Branson?
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
No haven't been there for many years. It is too commerical for us. Lots of traffic there I have heard. Someday we may go, but not planning to go there in near future.

We are looking for something near Manhattan KS. My husband may have a 3 month job there. Would like something with internet access. Have looked on Woodalls, and Trailer Life Directory. Have found a few small RV parks.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Their behavior sounds a bit Peculiar, donchathink, Dusty?

Around Manhattan there's not a lot of private parks. I spent a lot of weekends in Tuttle Creek State Park close to Manhattan but there's no sewer hookups there. Just a dump station. They do have some winterized sites with both electric and water all winter. No wifi or phone service nor cable, though. Just a nice state park.

I'm not sure if there's anything at Junction City or not. That's not too far from Manhattan. Abilene has some nice parks with wifi but that would be about a 45 mile drive.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:34 AM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We will check out the Abiline parks. We did find 2 at Junction city but they are very small and don't take reservations. No wi-fi.
Still not sure we are going there. Should know something in next 3 weeks.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:04 AM   #9
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
Also belong to Good Sam club, just went on and gave Peculiar a bad review, and hope it hurts their usership.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The park in Abilene is highly rated and I know it has wifi. I don't know if there is a charge for the wifi. Just did a quick search - Covered Wagon RV Resort. I haven't seen the park so cannot tell you if it truly lives up to the kudos I've heard about it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:53 AM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks for information on Abline park. That is probably where we will stay if we go there for 3 months. Wish we could know soon. I hate this waiting and not knowing. Things I could do to Monty.