Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Grand Canyon, AZ

We are on our final leg of our Spring MOC Rally tour. After Tucson we headed north to Camp Verde and met up with Steve and Vicki Reigle.

Yesterday we headed to the Grand Canyon. For me it has been over 35 years since I visited the South Rim.

We are staying in the Trailer Village RV park. The only full hookup park! There is a nice Federal CG, Mather, located right next to us but they do not have any services.

It is cold! As I write this at 3:30 am it is 22 degrees! For us west coasters that is COLD! I know it means nothing to those of you back east. It is supposed to warm up over the next couple of days but sure hope it hurries!

Beautiful country. If you have never visited the area you must put it on your "to do" list.

Dennis

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
We were up there in November last year --- stayed in Williams at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park and took the train up to the South Rim -- it is really a neat place to stay -- very nice full service campground. The Canyon is absolutely beautiful --- enjoy.

Les & Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
The Grand Canyon is one of those places that might cause one to ponder::: How many millions people have trodden on the stones under your own feet on the pathways along the south rim......and when you look across the canyon and stare at a particular point across the way ..How many of those folks have actually looked at that particular point...just a thought!..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
We were there last spring and also took in our 1st baseball spring training. We stayed at Williams and took the train in as well....great fun..a must do!
My son-in-law is on his way to hike down to the canyon floor this weekend. Walk down didn't look bad but back up..no thanks!!
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote