Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
timothy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6723
Year round campground

I live in Kentucky but our friends live in West virginia. We are looking for a full time campground with plenty of things for kids as well as adults to do. We would like for it to be around Charleston but would go a little more north. We leasve the monty parked at elkins now. All help would be appreciated. tim

timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Timothy,
Good to see you back posting again. There are several options around Charleston assuming you are going to pull the Montana there. Halfway between Charleston and Huntington is what used to be Foxfire RV resort. It is now a KOA, but the resort part is still next door. Disadvantage is the park (pool w/slide, mini-golf, paddle boats, fishing, etc. - they have a web site) costs $9.00 per day. Campground has a pond for swimming and a couple of fishing ponds but is within eye-sight of I-64 (noise from trucks noticeable). We stay there often, it is a nice park. Another option is Rippling Waters campground near Sissonville. It is run by a local Church of God and is a nice campground with a swimming pool. Another option a little more remote, and a skinny, curvy road leading to it (I advise a lead car with radio contact to the TV) is Beech Fork State Park, it is nice with boat rentals, fishing, pool, etc. I think they only have 30 amps though. There is a nice park at Flatwoods also. Let me know if you need additional info on the area, btw, we will be back at Revelles Labor day, somewhere around site 31 again. Good luck with your choice.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote