Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
craigb
Established Member

M.O.C. #14426
Overnight near Benson, Az.

I need to make an overnight stop near Benson Az. on the way to Texas. Any ideas? I saw Texas Canyon rest stop on I-10. Anyone know if overnight is O.K?
craigb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I don't think the Texas Canyon rest area allows any overnight setups. It's not that big and there are a lot of trucks that pass through there daily-- day and night. We stay in Benson at Valley Vista RV Park and I'm sure they have room for you to set up for a night. There are a lot of RV parks in the Benson area and also a Walmart that as of last winter that allow overnight stays. You can't set up for full camping such as slides out and etc but it do allow overnighters. Just go inside the store and ask permission to do it. It's best if you also purchase something there as a thank you for letting you stay.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
AZ Traveler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20477
Kartchner Caverns State Park is a good spot. While the TX Canyon rest stop is fairly small, I don't believe anyone would chase you out.
"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
I checked allstays and Walmart has signs but don’t enforce the issue. It’s a city thing but they don’t check. Easy on and off I10. Said to park by garden center out towards the road. Unless you get to the rest stop early the trucks start piling in and use the ramps also. We found that if you don’t run your slides all the way out your basically not camping, just resting.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote