Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Special fuse

I have searched the web and have yet to find a place that sells the special black 15 amp 12 volt spade style fuse that is located in the indoor circuit breaker/fuse block and supplies power to the furnace.

I have been told by more than one person that specific fuse is a special slow blow. It makes sense as the furnace blower motor would have a start up peak which might blow a normal fuse.

Anyone have a lead for same?

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I have searched the web and have yet to find a place that sells the special black 15 amp 12 volt spade style fuse that is located in the indoor circuit breaker/fuse block and supplies power to the furnace.

I have been told by more than one person that specific fuse is a special slow blow. It makes sense as the furnace blower motor would have a start up peak which might blow a normal fuse.

Anyone have a lead for same?
Mine was not black. Atwood sent me 2 and I found them online. If it stops raining tomorrow I'll check my tool box. That was 3 5th wheels back.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:19 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
15 amp black fuse

That black fuse is for the furnace AND the on demand water heater in my unit.

I posted last week about my suburban on demand water heater's freeze protection cycle running continually during this current cold snap - as it is designed to do mind you! However the RV has been drained, gas is off and the freeze protection cycle just kept firing continually (anytime it senses 38* or lower). I called Suburban and there is a switch on the back of the unit to turn it off but I can't get to it without taking half of the stuff out of the basement and removing the bulkhead. The other option is to pull the 12 volt fuse. I have not yet labeled my fuses so I removed them one at a time until the water heater fan quit...and it was the black furnace fuse that did it.

I just did not want the thing firing the freeze protection cycle continually while it is sitting here at the house. I was thinking the thing will wear itself out prematurely.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
my sons keystone cougar had the same problem, when i picked my fifth wheel up at the same dealer i talked to them about the furnace cycleing and they sold me the fuse you are talking about. should have bought an extra one for mine but did not, that was in mi when i bought it, if you or anybody else finds them online please post so i can order a couple
thx
al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote