Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Cactus League spring training

We are heading down to spring training in Az. This will be our first trip to spring training so we need a little help with RV parks in the area. We will most likely stay 2 weeks and travel with 2 Labradors very good Labradors I might add. Any help would be great. Thanks and happy camping. We have a 37&1/4 5'er so we are about 39 feet in length.

boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Tim,
We prefer the west end of town. We will be at Pueblo El Mirage, in El Mirage for the month of March. Park is pricey but very nice. It's near Luke AFB so if the noise of F16's landing and taking off might bother you, it's not the place. We are Giants fans (we're in Windsor, just down the road from you) but avoid Scottsdale. We try to catch the Giants at away games. There are several new ball parks on the west end of town, Surprise, Peoria, Camelback, Goodyear and Maryvale to name a few.

There are tons of parks and options in Mesa and the east end of town. We have stayed at Mesa Spirit. It is a huge park as many in the are are. If you haven't been before, I suggest trying to catch at least one game @ Scottsdale followed by dinner at Don & Charlies (reservations a must....it's not too soon!). The place is packed after Giants game and is worth the visit. Also, if you're Giants fan, a trip to the Pink Pony is worth it too.

I have paid $100 for seats at Scottsdale when my sons came for a visit and we only had a few days to choose from. The Giants and Cubs tend to sell out when the tickets are released. The rest of the teams you can pretty much go the day of and get good seats.

There will be a few other MOC'ers in the area. PM me and perhaps we can get together!

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
You bet we are Giants fans and thanks for all your input. F-16's I love it. How about pets they have to be with us this trip. I will give you. PM as soon as we get the dates figured out we are doing this now. I had a feeling this was the place to get the heads up for our first Spring Training. Thanks again.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Pets are no problem generally, check with the park once you get your dates
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
We stay at Road Runner Lake Resort. We are here now, we stay 2 months and we have season tickets to Giants at Scottsdale Stadium. You would need to call to see if they have any spots left. I noticed several spots open but not sure if they have people coming in.
The RV park is about 10 mins from stadium. There are other RV Parks in Mesa right off of University Ave. Best to go online and look around. Good luck !
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #6
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Thanks for the help I'll be looking on the net I love the f-16's but wife said look around she just doesn't feel the need for speed that I do. Oh well I tried.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:53 AM   #7
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
It has been 5 years but we stayed at Sunflower Rv Resort at Surprise/ElMirage. http://www.cal-am.com/resorts/resort...?resorts_id=14 Little pricey back then but had great amenities and nice people staying in the park. We weren't outsiders for very long following our arrivial. We loved the location as it was close to several of the spring training parks. In picking your park just remember it is a long way and a tough commute from Mesa to the West side of the valley. Decide which ball parks you want to visit then pick your RV park. We love spring training baseball. Jim
Old 02-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #8
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
We'll be in Camp Verde during March and April, will take in some of the Royals spring training in Surprise. About a 90 minute drive, but minimal traffic.