Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I feel like a traitor.....no not the Montana

I must confess that in a previous post, I had spoken truthfully that I had never posted on another forum, just this one, although I did admit to lurking (reading) on rv.net a lot, now that has changed. As Gomer would say Shame, Shame, Shame!!!! Forgive me for I have transgressed. I have another forum that I now am perusing and did submit to the temptation of posting on. There is a Bayliners Owner Group forum that is abbreviated BOC. So now if I get my MOCers mixed up with my BOCers, you will have to forgive me. In defense of my MOCers though, there seems to be a lot more bashing and animosity present on the BOCers forum, but I have got to absorb as much as I can about the new boat before Spring. In other words, this is still my second family and I don't see that changing anytime soon!!! Louve ya guys and gals (Couldn't resist that, sorry!!!)
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Bingo, I for one have no problem with you posting on BOC, just make sure you keep all things correct. Don't want to see you pulling your MOC with your BOC. If so you will need a very big hair dryer.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
timothy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6723
Bingo, Did your first post have anything to do with a tailgate or diamonds?
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Interestingly enough, if you even mention the word Kipor over there, you don't have to worry about diamonds or tailgates, they will run amok since for some reason they are devout Honda users. Hmmmm, now that I think about that, that seems to be similar to some things I have read here!! Ha Ha.
Bingo
Old 02-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am on Rv net, The Ford FTE forum and a couple of other truck and diesel forums. I like to see other points of view. None of them are as well mannered as the MOC. I think Rv net is a very nice forum as it is made up of owners of all brands of campers and you will learn that we all have the same problems.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Since we're on truth serum here, I do go to rv.net and dieselplace and a few others. I agree with many here that MOC is very civil, cordial and informative..homey???

Now a diesel forum I visit reminds of being back in the Navy sometime cause I get to recall some of the language I use to use and have worked so hard to forget and not use!! Look what U started Bingo!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I suspect you are in for a big world of confusion and you are asking us to keep you straight are ya?

It might be tough. After all, we spend a lot of time trying to keep the water in, the wheels on, and the platform level. BOCers on the other hand do everything they can to keep the water out, leave their wheels in the parking lot, and don't even bother with a level.

It is truly a burden you have placed on us!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Bingo - heres the problem. 1st you make no mention of the Bayliner having a louverd tail gate, nor have you chipped the engine. And I hate to tell you this but the Pin weight of the Montana exceeds the GCWR of the Bayliner, and here is the big question. Are you putting additive in the fuel? As you can see you have a lot of explaining to do or they are going to flame you right off the forum.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Phill,
That is exactly why I have the best darned forum on the web to always fall back on. With all the mods that I have to do thanks to Ozz, Brad, H. John and several others, I will have no time to do anything but leave the boat like it is (stock!!). The best thing about it is you will never ever hear me say anything about only getting 11-12 miles per gallon pulling the monty anchor (I still like Richfaa's affectionate term). The boat gets 2-3 mpg. I will leave the math unmentioned, top speed 40 mph, so it is easy to figure that the boat will be floating alot!!! Oh well, we can't take it with us!! And I have already explained to the family, camping is priority one, boat is for times we can't go camping!!
Bingo
Old 02-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #10
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Let me introduce you into a few links that will change your attitude about mods and money:

www.overtons.com
www.barts.com

Kind of the Boats-R-Dad sites.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Let me introduce you into a few links that will change your attitude about mods and money:

www.overtons.com
www.barts.com

Kind of the Boats-R-Dad sites.
Here's another one every boat owner needs, it has the most stuff and is the most expensive: http://www.westmarine.com/

This one is no frills, but lots of stuff, name brands, cheap: www.defender.com
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #12
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks Lightning - I forgot about WestMarine - (They are down the street and so I don't need to internet them).

Now there is a place that gets more of my paycheck than the Federal Government -
Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #13
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
You guys are killing me. If I start spending on the boat at anywhere near the pace that we have spent on the Montana, this forum will have to redefine DH. It will have a new meaning of Dead Hubby!!!! Ha ha!! Actually as part of the deal, we got a percentage of the sale price in free merchandise. The only thing of interest to the daughters was one of those big multi-rider towables. That is definitely on the list. A three rider contraption that looks like you are pulling a king-size mattress down the lake. There goes another 1 mpg down the drain.
Bingo
Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Bingo, don’t forget to carry 2-3 extra props with you because you never know when you’ll need one…
Oh don’t forget this for the DW…
http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/pr...&CategoryID=62
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bingo,
Didn't you read the forum thread on "folding boat?" It pulls one of those "tuber" things real well, and is less money in the beginning.

A boat - a hole in the water that you keep dumping money into.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Bingo, you know what BOAT stands for.....Bring Out Another Thousand.$$$$$$$$$$$
It's a hole in the water that you pour money into.
The two happiest days of a boat owner. The day he bought it and the day he sold it.
Remember the old adage....The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
Never approach a dock faster than you are prepared to ram it.
The best bilge pump is a uninsured owner with a 5 gal bucket in his sinking boat.
This could go on and on.
Enjoy your boat.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ahhhhhh, the sweet sounds of encouragement are permeating the MOC today!!

Bingo
Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 AM   #18
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HughM

Bingo, you know what BOAT stands for.....Bring Out Another Thousand.$$$$$$$$$$$
It's a hole in the water that you pour money into.
The two happiest days of a boat owner. The day he bought it and the day he sold it.
Remember the old adage....The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
Never approach a dock faster than you are prepared to ram it.
The best bilge pump is a uninsured owner with a 5 gal bucket in his sinking boat.
This could go on and on.
Enjoy your boat.
Hugh
Bingo....Hugh has said it best

You'll have fun learning all the new jargon. Do you plan on taking a Coast Guard Auxiliary Boaters Safety Course?
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:52 AM   #19
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Bingo
You'll have a great time with the Bayliner,Some of our best outings were on the lake.
What model?
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #20
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Forgot to mention, mpg's drop to almost 0 mpg with those big pull toys, but you can't beat them for fun.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote