Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2007, 02:22 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Stick House Amost Gone -FullTime At Last

Wow, this getting rid of everything (we are keeping a few things in storage) and trying to make what you want to keep fit in the Montana is really work. We gave a listing of our furniture and other thing to our real-estate lady and she has rounded up buyers for us. Most of the stuff is being picked up today.

At first we were a little apprehensive about all this but as the time has worn on we are getting more excited by the day. Our full time date is the 30th, we are moving into the 5er on the 16th and having the stick house carpet cleaned and final few things removed. Then we can relax a few days until closing.

This is starting to be a whole new world and we are really ready to explore it.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Yep, going through everything you own is definitely a workout!! Today was very productive, I sold the 29 gallon salt water tank, now they're all gone...:-( Plus, it was very emotional because I packed up all of my UPS uniforms. I have kept them hung up front and center in my bedroom closet ever since my injury. I prayed and prayed the day would come that I would heal and be able to put the uniform back on. I tried so hard, went through so many tests, and injections, and procedures, and surgery, but it just wasn't meant to be. January 22nd was the five year mark for my injury. It's really hard...the letting go. Work was my sense of purpose, what made me feel productive. Now, I have to find something else to make me feel that way. My doctor says my job does not define who I am, yea well, it's been really hard coming to that realization. Oye, but I digress...

This packing up and moving on is tough, yet exciting all at the same time. Now, when I open a box of stuff that I never unpacked when I moved in here 10 years ago, (because I was only going to be here for 2 years tops)once I remember what's in there, I don't go through the whole thing....I just chuck it in the dumpster. If I go through every little thing, not only will it take forever, but all those emotions will get involved, and I'll just want to keep it. Case in point...coffee mugs. When I moved in here, I went through the box, picked out 5-6 of my favorites, then taped the box back up and put it in the closet. Well, if I didn't need those other mugs for 10 years, I don't need them now. If I went through that box, I would have remembered every mug, where I got it, or who gave it to me etc. Nope, toss it and say bye bye. Whew, how can one person have so much STUFF???!!!

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Yahoo! Congrats on your plan coming together. I cannot wait for the day I hit the road full time. Enjoy...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the fulltimers club. It will get better with each day's experience. Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JimF

Wow, this getting rid of everything (we are keeping a few things in storage) and trying to make what you want to keep fit in the Montana is really work. We gave a listing of our furniture and other thing to our real-estate lady and she has rounded up buyers for us. Most of the stuff is being picked up today.

At first we were a little apprehensive about all this but as the time has worn on we are getting more excited by the day. Our full time date is the 30th, we are moving into the 5er on the 16th and having the stick house carpet cleaned and final few things removed. Then we can relax a few days until closing.

This is starting to be a whole new world and we are really ready to explore it.
We aren't going full time, but we are down sizing in square footage. We sign finally papers on April 2. It is taking a 30 yard dumpster to get rid of all of our junk. We did sell the pool table for $700 Saturday. Whoooo Hoooo. Good luck on your new life style. We hope to meet you on the road some place.

Colleen

PS. Jan, you are an inspiration. I need to have more of your toss out idea when I go through the next set of drawers. I am finding as the final date gets closer more things are finding the garbage sack or the garage sale pile.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Well, still going through everything, and packing, packing, packing. Picked out a climate controlled storage unit, talked to the apartment complex people about not renewing my lease, and still packing, packing, packing...LOL I spoke with Ernie at the RV dealership. My Monty should be done in a few more days. They're waiting on the carpet guy to clean up that glue thats on the carpet in the bedroom. I'll have to make sure I go over my list when I pick it up so I can make sure they either fixed each thing, or at least addressed every item.

So, my lease is up here on May 31st, and I'll officially be a fulltimer on June 1st. I've been in this apartment for 10 years. I was having dinner with some friends the other night, and realized this is the longest I have ever lived in one spot. Even when I owned my home, it wasn't for this long. Amazing how time flies. I have come to one realization the last few days. I've been in a rut here for a long time. I'm feeling more alive and connected to things than I have in a very long time. I'm definitely shakin' up my world!! Back to the packing...

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote